II

With all my mustered up confidence I answered, "My name is Zahara Davis, age twenty-one

With all my mustered up confidence I answered, "My name is Zahara Davis, age twenty-one."

As soon as I walked in my nerves were on ten. I mean come on now, this is Nasrin Devi the new symbol of the triple S. Sensuality, Sex, and Seduction that I'm getting interviewed by and not just a random hiring manager or something. I also heard that she tends to be very intimidating so who wouldn't be nervous to be in her vicinity. I'm also nervous cause I really want this position but who's to say I'll even get it when I'm not the only person dying to be a part of this company. Hell people want to be apart of it just so they can smell the conditioner in Nasrin's scalp or the atoms of minerals used in her foundation.

But besides my internal thoughts and conflict— I made sure to remain as much at ease and confident as I can on the outside. My father always told me to never let people see what you feel as that can result in people using it against you.

I watched as the woman in front of me raised her brow slightly, "okay Zahara. And what are your top three qualities that can be applied to the needed position?" She leaned back in her chair as she awaited my response.

"Well I have more than three, but to be compliant I would say that I'm very good with time punctuality, decision making and as well as organization."

Nasrin nodded her head slightly as she brought one of her legs over the other, "and since you have more than three— care to give the others?"

Her question took me by surprise momentarily but I soon recovered as I took this to be a good sign. She was interested which means I'm increasing my chances of getting this position.

"I'm also good with micromanaging, communication and consulting."

I watched as she stared at me in silence. I'm guessing taking what I said to account? Nonetheless, the silence made me start to rub on the gold chain of my bracelet wrapped around my left wrist.

"Okay Zahara. And why do you want to assist me? You can assist anyone." She spoke in a low questioning but statement making voice.

This question was one I had been betting on to be asked so therefore I knew exactly what to say.

"I love fashion, to put it simply. I also love what you stand for and your work to be precise. I know others may have said the same but it's true. I would love to work along and behind the scenes of a woman that's admirable and for a company that I can resonate to my appeals."

It took everything in me to not smile in satisfaction once I was finished with my answer. I just knew I ate that question up!

My thought was proven correct as I watched the woman's lips shift into a small smirk while she nodded her head and reached over to her desk to pick up some papers.

"It says here that you worked as a jewelry marketer for three years. I can assume the skills you listed— also were at play there," she looked up at me briefly. What she said wasn't a question. More so an observation and understanding so therefore I didn't verbally reply and just nodded once to show I was listening.