Chapter 47: World Two

The afternoon signing event was even more lively than the morning session. If you stood next to Mu Bai and looked ahead, you would see a massive crowd of people. Without counting, it was clear that there were well over a thousand people waiting in line.

Editor Ye took a quick glance and immediately realized that Mu Bai would be working overtime until 9 o'clock tonight. Perhaps even after the store closed, he would be held back by overly enthusiastic fans.

Mu Bai signed autographs without complaint. To increase efficiency, she had 045 choose an item from the store to use on her hand, preventing any issues from overuse.

After all, a pair of healthy and nimble hands were her capital for enjoying a happy life and needed to be protected.

While Mu Bai was busy signing, Sheng Qingyin received feedback from the head of security. The person who had been taking photos with a camera earlier had lost their wallet and phone, and as a result, they had lost the opportunity to enter the bookstore.

"Was it you who did it?" Sheng Qingyin was somewhat surprised that the head of security would resort to such tactics.

The head of security shook his head. "We initially just wanted to place a small device on him to prevent him from passing through the access control, but we didn't have the chance. He lost his belongings due to his own carelessness."

"I understand. Maintain order at the scene, especially with those young girls who don't look very old," Sheng Qingyin instructed.

Since the person had lost their phone and wallet, they probably wouldn't be in the mood to come over for a while. After all, in today's society, without a phone and money, it's almost like losing the whole world.

Sheng Qingyin's thoughts were correct. The man, after losing his phone and wallet, indeed altered his plans. He gave up on causing trouble at the central bookstore and instead stayed obediently at the police station, waiting for his lost items to be recovered.

However, Han Huanwen, who was hiding behind the man, had no intention of stopping. He had been closely monitoring the progress of this situation since last night. Upon hearing the report about the man's situation from his subordinates, he immediately instructed his assistant to find a way to send the man to the central bookstore.

He had put a lot of effort into today's plan and couldn't afford to fail at the last moment.

"If there's no ID, just get it reissued. You play the role of a kind person and get him inside for me," Han Huanwen gave a stern command. "If this doesn't work out, you don't need to come back to the head office."

The assistant let out a slow breath, knowing his boss's nature well, and he wasn't surprised to hear such words. He quickly responded and started working on it.

It must be said that the assistant's ability to stay by Han Huanwen's side, receiving a nearly million-dollar annual salary for two consecutive years, was a testament to his skills.

In less than half an hour, the assistant, posing as a fellow enthusiast, had become friends with the man and successfully exchanged names.

When he realized that the man was none other than Qiao Ting, who couldn't enter the central bookstore due to the lost ID, the assistant even helped him come up with various ways to have the police issue an identification certificate.

After a busy hour, at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, the assistant successfully got Qiao Ting into the central bookstore with the identity certificate issued by the police.

"It seems like it's too late now. If we line up, I probably won't get a signature," the man said with some disappointment, realizing that his plan was likely to be postponed.