Chapter 62: World Three

Sheng Qingyin realized after a while and immediately started using the public chopsticks to pick food for her mother. As for her father, Sheng Qingyin hesitated for a moment, then picked a fried meatball and placed it in Mu Bai's bowl.

With her father's long arms, he could reach any dish easily, so she decided not to bother. Sheng Mingzhu, seeing this, felt even more uneasy. If her daughter only treated Mu Bai well, he could console himself, thinking that his daughter understood how to care for friends.

However, when her daughter was serving her mother, why didn't she also serve him, her father? Even if it was just a piece of vegetable! This meal made Sheng Mingzhu feel quite uncomfortable, so after finishing, he found an excuse to call Sheng Qingyin to the study for a talk.

Sheng Qingyin took a chair and sat down, tilting her head towards her father. "Dad, what's the matter?"

Sheng Mingzhu cleared his throat. "Cough, this Miss Mu, how did you get to know her? Tell me in detail."

"Oh, that," Sheng Qingyin said with little enthusiasm. Did her father start interrogating her friends as soon as she brought them home? With a slight frown, she continued, "Didn't I explain it in the letter? Mu Bai helped me catch a fugitive, and I invited her to go to the yamen together to claim the reward. We ended up traveling together."

"Is this Miss Mu only at the sixth level?" Sheng Mingzhu had read the letter, but it was quite vague about Mu Bai's details.

"I didn't specifically ask, but I think Mu Bai should have broken through to the seventh level. She's much stronger than me." Sheng Qingyin's expression changed quickly when talking about Mu Bai's strength.

Excitedly, she continued, "Mu Bai is amazing! Not only does she surpass me in internal strength, but she can also integrate sword techniques from different sects and even derive new moves from them!"

Sheng Mingzhu fell silent again, feeling a familiar sense of frustration. Integrating different sword techniques wasn't difficult for him, and he had even developed an earth-grade technique. Why did his daughter value Mu Bai more than him?

Sheng Mingzhu sighed, trying to advise, "Qingyin, it's not that I want to interfere with your friendships, but considering your special status, many people might approach you with ulterior motives."

"I know, but Mu Bai is definitely not one of them. We've been together all the time, and she never asked me for anything. Instead, she constantly practices with me and teaches me many new sword techniques!" Sheng Qingyin replied confidently.

Unable to refute this, Sheng Mingzhu chose to change the topic after a moment of silence. "After the Mid-Autumn Festival, the martial arts competition is approaching. There are rumors that I will choose a suitor for you from the top ten."

"Choose whoever you want; it's none of my business. If I don't find anyone I like among those ten, I won't marry." Sheng Qingyin dismissed her father's involvement in her personal life.

Sheng Mingzhu didn't argue. He couldn't force his daughter into marriage, so he allowed the rumors to circulate without confirming or denying them.

"Father, if there's nothing else, I'll go find Mu Bai. I'm worried she might not adapt here." Sheng Qingyin asked, eager to leave the study.

"Go ahead, and remember to talk to your mother. She misses you a lot." Sheng Mingzhu said with a touch of helplessness.

"Okay, Father, continue reading. I'm leaving." With his approval, Sheng Qingyin wasted no time, quickly getting up and leaving for her courtyard. As she approached, she overheard laughter inside.

Mrs. Sheng had a smile on her face. "Qingyin is indeed talented in martial arts. Initially, I was worried about her practicing too hard, but those basic sword techniques—she learns them after just one look, without much effort."