Chapter 6: Graduation

" Today's the day: Med Student Graduation. We're very proud to have taught you everything you need to know, but now it's time to let you use your skills in another hospital or clinic." Dr. Banana said. Fanfares, made with horns, drums, and trombones, play in the background as the students sit down in a spacious auditorium with parents, friends, and other relatives, in the outward seats of the auditorium. " We're gathered today to celebrate the accomplishments of these students and their remarkable skills that have been exposed in every area of the hospital. They've been doing well and they have shown that they're ready and they've been prepared for this moment." Professor Picklefarts said, wiping tears away from her face. " As these students leave our care, they must know that they will always be welcomed with open arms when they want to visit us or help out with the new students. Now we welcome Professor McDoughnuts, a senior professor, and my mom, the one who started it all." Dr. Banana said. " Good morning future graduates. I believe that this moment was one to dream of during those intense months filled with shifts, experiences, and lessons." Professor McDoughnuts, a 68-year-old woman with glasses, said. " Students, please grab your diplomas and your graduation doctor bag," Professor Picklefarts said. The families clapped and cheered as each student grabbed a customized doctor bag with stickers featuring medical milestones from their journey. " I'm gonna miss working here, but I'm so glad that graduation is here. I'm gonna miss you guys." Lydia said. " Me too. Me and Genesis finally got along for once. That was one thing I didn't expect." Ava said, hugging Genesis. " Me too. I thought we would argue all the time because that's what siblings do after all." Genesis said. " These 4 months flew by really fast. It feels like yesterday that we were taking notes and filling out order forms for prescriptions before surgeries. Now, we're gonna take our training to other hospitals or clinics." Ava said. " We can come back, right?" Genesis asked. " Yes. You will always have a helper position if you want it... you know, to teach the newer students what to do and how to handle a certain medical situation outside of the hospital, which is a basic skill that you've learned from this program, which is a mix of students and teachers teaching each other every day." Professor Picklefarts said. " Congratulations guys. You're officially graduates of the best medical school in the city." Professor Picklefarts said. Everyone broke into applause and the claps from the crowd echoed through the long, colorful hallways. The End.