Two

Max Verstappen never smiles

Max Verstappen never smiles. Why would he? Since he was child, the only happiness he knew was when he was behind the wheel of a kart. Then again, that's how he spent most of his life anyways.

At the age of 24, Max became a great in his sport. After a long year of battling, he had beat Lewis Hamilton, the 7 time world champion in formula one. In 2021, Max won his first world champion title. And he's hoping to get his second in 2022. It was the happiest moments of his life and the only time there was ever a true smile on the man's face.

The man prefers isolation over anything else. Maybe it was because of how he was raised. His father pushed him to become the best, even if it wasn't it the most healthy way. He spent most of his time training and never had time to develop friendships. The friends he does have, are other drivers. Even with them, he feels different. They know him as Max Verstappen, the newest word champion, they don't know him as Max.

No one knows Max.

Now he stand in a small coffee shop. Alone. A cup of coffee in his hand, waiting behind a small woman to get a new lid from the workers at the shop. He barely registers what the woman is doing until she quickly turns and run straight into him, his coffee spilling all over him.

It was just what he needed. He had just gotten back from Bahrain Grand Prix. It was not how he wanted to start out his new season after winning his first world championship. His first race back and he had to DNF. Ferrari was better this year and they needed to figure out their issues quick or else he wouldn't be able to defend his title this year.

Starring down at the girl who had now fallen to the floor, he didn't really process her in general but thought about how this moment was just a cherry on top after his DNF.

He wasn't brought back to reality until he felt the girl patting his chest with napkin, only making the mess worse then before and pressing his shirt into his freshly burnt skin. He ignored the girl's rambling and finally took her in, realizing just how beautiful she was.

After getting him a new coffee and him convincing the girl to sit down across from him, he finally learned her name.

Stella

He was surprised when she asked for his. Max thought she'd already knew who he was, since anyone in this country would know him. The Monaco Grand Prix was one of the biggest races on the map. Anyone that lived here must have heard his name before. But this girl, Stella, genuinely had no clue who he was. He was thankful for that

Now the beautiful green eyed girl sat across from him and for once in his life, he wanted to smile. He wanted to smile, just to see her smile.

 He wanted to smile, just to see her smile