Five

Stella was not one to complain

She knew the life she lived was one many dreamed if having. As an American, she grew up hearing stories about the American Dream, but her dreams lied else where. The United States had beautiful places, cities, and people, but she felt as if her inspiration was somewhere else. So she left.

Her family wasn't happy about her plan, but if leaving was what made her happy, who were they to stop her. For a year, Stella had travelled around Europe, taking in the art and culture at every stop. Once she saw Monaco for the first time, she knew it would become her new home.

Obviously moving there would cost money, and it was definitely not in the price range of a struggling, traveling artist. She had saved up as much money as possible, yet she still couldn't afford to buy, let alone rent an apartment. She stayed not far outside the city-state and would often travel into Monaco when her work required it. In doing so, she met her saving grace and her worst nightmare: Amelia.

Amelia is her roommate. Stella often likes to believe she is the devil reincarnated, but never voices her opinion because of what the girls father is doing for her. Amelia came from a prominent British family and her father, Michael, was a financial genus, making her more than well off in life. but the girl herself knew nothing of hard work, having had everything handed to her on a silver platter. This caused her to become poisoned to the core in Stella's opinion. She was a gorgeous girl, but her personality was nothing but ugly.

Many ask the young American girl, Why? Why would she live with someone she thought was terrible?

Getting a decent price rental in Monaco isn't the easiest. Most places are not affordable for a person of her income bracket, and the apartment complexes she could afford, were designated for Monegasques citizens only. And she hasn't yet met the requirements to become a citizen. The young American girl had met the Amelia at an art show she was being featured at in Monaco. Well, she had initially had met the British girls father, Michael, when he bought one of her pieces being displayed that night. The two had immediately hit it off and it wasn't long until he offered her a room in his flat in Monaco.

They had developed a relation, but not one many would expect from an older man and younger girl. He had seen the girl as a daughter and had hoped that in offering a her a place to stay, her hardworking and sweet nature would rub off on his own daughter. Once Stella had moved in, Amelia had immediately started bullying and belittling her. The American girl couldn't figure out why she was being treated this way, but the British girl held a slight jealousy towards the younger girl. Her father paid the innocent girl a lot of attention and she knew that he wished the young girl was his daughter rather than her.

Stella put up with her terrible behavior because her father was doing her a favor out of the goodness of his heart. She had tried to make herself feel better about being there for free and tried to reduce the British girls attitude towards her by cooking and cleaning, but that made it seem like she was the older girls maid, and so she was treated as such.