Three

Max was a beautiful man

Max was a beautiful man. He was even more beautiful when he smiled. His smile wasn't a full on smile but a slight one, where his lips turned upwards in the corner only. But to Stella, being able to make the man in front of her smile was her goal.

"Stella," he said gently. "Tell me about yourself."

"About me?" The girl asked in confusion. Normally, when the girl talked to men, especially the ones that live in Monaco permanently, they don't care to know about her.

"You are Stella, aren't you?" His thick eyebrows arched questionably.

Blushing, the girl lowered her head, looking at her cup in between her hands. She see a hand reach across the table and land on her chin, slowly lifting it up so green eyes meet blue, "No. I don't like you looking away. I want to see those green eyes on me."

She blushed again at the man's world, biting her lip anxiously. His eyes immediately get drawn to the pink lip between her teeth.

Noticing his shift of attention move to her lip, she decides to speak, "my names Stella Ivy James and I'm 23."

Max was surprised that was all she said. Most women he meet would never give him a chance to speak, continuously talking about their lives to try to impress him.

"Are you from Monaco?" He asks, trying to get her to continue

"No," she shakes her head lightly "I'm originally from the U.S. came here about a year and a half ago."

"What brought you here?"

"The people," she shrugs, "not to be weird about it but everyone here is wealthy. My clientele is mainly wealthier people."

"What do you do for a living then?"

"I'm an artist. Specifically a painter," the green eyed girl visibly becomes happy when talking about her job. It was obvious to see she loves what she does.

She starts to ramble on about her job until she realizes what she's doing and starts to blush, "sorry. I ramble a lot."

Max chuckles, sending a shiver down her spine "I don't mind. I love hearing the sound of you voice."

Blushing even deeper and smiling, the girl changes the topic to save herself from anymore embarrassment, "what about you? Where are you from?"

"I'm originally from Belgium but grew up in the Netherlands most of my life."

"And for work?"

"I work with cars," he vaguely answers. The girl raised her eyebrow knowing there's more to the answer but decided not to push.

"And that brought you to Monaco?"

"For a time," he shrugs. "I travel a lot for work and only really have about a total of 4 months here in Monaco."

"Where do you travel to for work?" The girls eyes light up again at the thought of traveling. She's always wanted to travel but hasn't been able to do it financially nor does she have any idea where'd she'd want to go.

Max smiles at the girl and goes into depth about some of his more favorite places to go. He realizes his job is amazing but can't help but wish he had more time to spend with his family. Though, his lifestyle hasn't effected him much because he's a loner. But sitting there with Stella, he can't but hope to come home more often to see the beautiful woman more often.

The pair continue to talk for about another hour or so before they were interrupted by Stella's phone ringing.

She gives the blue eyed man an apologetic smile before answering the phone, "hello?"

"Where the hell are you?" The girl hears her roommate yell at her through the phone. Stella's roommate wasn't someone she would willingly have in her life. If she could she'd live by herself.

"I'm getting coffee," the girls eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I need you home because I have people coming over and the house is a mess! You have to come home now and clean it all up!"

Max didn't know who was on the other end of the phone but just by her tone, he didn't like her. No one should yell at the innocent girl like that.

"What do you mean? When I left, the house was perfectly clean."

"Well it was until I spilled soda everywhere so I need you to help clean up!"

Deciding not to fight with her roommate, Stella just sighed, told the girl she would come home now and hung up the phone.

"Everything alright?" Max asked.

"Yeah just got to help my roommate clean up her own mess she made because she wants to have people over," Stella sighed again.

"You shouldn't have to clean up her messes."

"I know but it's easier not to argue with her," she started to gather her things and stood up. She reached into her purse, pulled out a pen and wrote something on the napkin and handing it to the man. "Here. It's my number. Text me and we'll do this again"

She smiles softly at the man before leaning in and giving him a kiss on the cheek before turning away and leaving. She didn't register what she had done until she was almost home. Stopping mid walk and a smile plastering on her face. She didn't mean to do that but she was happy she did. She smiled the entire time back to her apartment.

Max was stunned by the girls boldness. She was so innocent and naive yet here she was giving her phone number to him and kissing his cheek.

Something about her made her stand out from everyone else. He didn't know what it was yet but he couldn't wait to see her again.