Four

For the next few days, both the Dutch and American couldn't keep eachother out of their thoughts

For the next few days, both the Dutch and American couldn't keep eachother out of their thoughts. Max found himself wanting to be around the girl more often. He found something other than racing, that he felt joy to be around. Stella found herself drawn to the dark and mysterious aura that the Dutch man unmistakably had. Something about him made her feel something she never felt before.

In the days since they last saw eachother, Max made good use of her number. Within an hour of leaving the coffee shop he texted her. Since then, they've been communicating non stop. If they weren't busy with work, they were either texting or calling each other.

It wasn't until the upcoming Thursday that Stella felt like Max was becoming distant with her. She was saddened by the thought. The young girl rarely put herself out there, especially towards men, but something about Max made her want to try it.

By Sunday afternoon, Max had called the green eyed girl, extremely excited after winning the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix. It was a close race between Ferrari and Redbull, but Max ultimately won in the end.

Stella had spend her Sunday painting, trying to keep her thoughts clear of a certain Dutchman. She wouldn't allow herself to think about it more than she should. She had put herself out there and was ghosted. She wouldn't wallow in self pity for a man she had only met once. At least that's what she told herself.

In front of her laid a painting of piercing blue eyes that starred right back at her. She starred back, getting lost in the familiar gaze before the sound of her phone ringing broke her thoughts.

Quickly grabbing the phone without looking at who was calling she answered, "Hello?"

"Hey," she heard the rough voice of the man that's has been haunting her thoughts recently.

"Max?"

"Why do you sound surprised to get my call?"

"I didn't think you would call me," she said lightly, her heart racing just from his voice. "You seemed to not want to talk to me recently."

"I'm sorry, little lamb," She heard him sigh through the phone. "I was away for work and things got busy."

"Oh," she blushed at the pet name he said "So you weren't done with me?"

"Little lamb, you can't get rid of me that easy," she giggled at his answer before responding.

"How was the work trip then?"

"It went well, but I can't wait to come back and see you again."

"When do you come back?"

"Tonight. I'd love to see you again sometime this week."

"I would love to see you too," she bit her lip  nervously. "You have to tell me all about your trip."

"I will little lamb," he chuckled.