3 | Monster

@mizuno

@mizuno.m/n I think I hurt someone's feelings. . .

Liked by m/nsmommymilkers, noel_noaa, itoshi_sae, and 31,037 others

itoshi_sae They probably deserved it.
  || mizuno.m/n @itoshi_sae They did.

          ☆

"Mizuno. . .?"

(M/N) stared at Kira blankly.

"Honestly, you were annoying me."

Ego then clapped and began to speak.

"Diamonds in the rough, only results matter here. Losers lock off. Ryosuke Kira, you are disqualified."

"This is bullshit. How is it possible for my future career to lie in tatters. . ."

(M/N) observed Kira with a small smile as he spoke.

"All because of some stupid game?!"

"I'm Japanese soccer's jewel in the crown! Are you telling me Igaguri and Isagi are more talented than me?! Huh?!"

"Why does this silly game of tag even matter?! What does it have to do with soccer?!"

Ego was about to speak but got interrupted by (M/N), "You realize he wouldn't have made us play this game if it had nothing to do with soccer, right?".

(M/N) stared at Kira briefly before continuing.

"Look around you. This room is the same size as the penalty area."

Everyone began to look around, (M/N) was right.

"Roughly 75% of all goals are born within these confines. If you couldn't play a simple game of tag in this space, you have no talent as a striker."

Kira was furious. He yelled at (M/N).

"S-So. . . So what? Tag is nothing like soccer!"

(M/N) sighed.

"If you're the one running away, you need a keen sense of interpersonal space, tactics, and positioning. If you're the one doing the chasing, your dribbling and aim must be precise, and the quality of your kicks must be high."

"Which makes tag an excellent training drill."

Kira began to speak again.

"Even so, how can you know anything about me in just two minutes? A soccer match is 90 minutes!"

(M/N) was growing annoyed at Kira. But he answered for Ego.

"On average, the total time a player spends on the ball in a 90-minute game is about 136 seconds. And you wasted that chance."

Kira was still adamant.

"B-But nothing could be done in those last ten seconds—."

(M/N) stopped talking and let Ego continue.