Three

The first week had passed by pretty swiftly, Wanda had learned everything that there was, she even shadowed Y/N to a few meetings too, taking the notes that were necessary and more just in case Y/N had missed anything.

She could truly say that she admired Y/N and how they worked with their employees and clients. They weren't hostile or agitated, they would listen to the needs of the other person and would reassure them.

"I want to see this little one when he is born." They told Jean as she packed her things with their help.

"You will." Jean smiled as Y/N picked up the box.

"Is Scott picking you up?" They asked her as they walked with her towards the elevator.

"He is waiting downstairs for me." She told them before Y/N turned to Wanda.

"Would you like me to pick you up a coffee Ms Maximoff?" They asked her with a gentle smile.

"Please." She nodded before she went back to work, she felt at home working here. It was easy and stress free, although she wishes her marriage would be stress free.

"So, how many meetings have I got today?" Y/N asked as they placed her coffee on her desk, Wanda moved to pick up a few files.

"You have three meetings, one this morning with Hammer Industries about the project, two this afternoon, Ms Bishop and Mr Stark." She told them as she handed them the files.

"You can sit out of the one with Mr Stark." They told her as she gave them an unsure look. "He is your father in law and I assume your husband doesn't know you work here because you still work here." They smirked as Wanda chuckled lightly at them.

"Yes, Jarvis doesn't know." Wanda told them as she leaned back in her chair. "But he doesn't really have a say on where or who I work for." She countered as Y/N smiled proudly at her.

"I like you." They smiled as they took the first file from her. "It's a pity it's only temporary." She smiled as she watched them walk into their office to read up on the first meeting.

Just 30 minutes later, Y/N and Wanda made their way to the meeting room. It was a room which had a large table in the center, chairs lining on either side and one at the head. Y/N took their seat at the head as Wanda took the one beside them.

"Do you need a drink?" Wanda asked Y/N before the room filled up.

"No thank you." They smiled as soon as Justin Hammer walked in, the two shook hands before he took the seat across from Wanda.

"So, we have the stats on the project." Y/N grabbed the file and laid it in front of them. "Some of the materials have been hard to come by because of the radiation content but we have managed to get it through a trusted friend of mine."

"So, it's almost ready?" He questioned as Y/N sat back.

"Not quite yet." They informed him. "We still need to test it out and Mr Osborn has trusted me to lead the testing, so we have plans in the next few weeks to take it to Nevada, near Area 51 to test."

"Is it possible for myself or my assistant to accompany you?" He questioned as Y/N licked their teeth.
"I'm afraid not, it's purely for insurance purposes." They told him. "But Wanda here will take notes and maybe we can also record footage of the testing for you too." The rest of the meeting went by smoothly as Y/N shook hands as Justin was led outside of the room, leaving just Y/N and Wanda.

"When were you going to tell me about the trip?" She questioned as she closed the door before they could leave. They smirked as they watched her, seeing how she stood with her hand on her hip and the other on the closed door.

"When I had the details finalised." They told her as they stood up, gathering the files as she moved closer to them.

"You still should have told me." She told them firmly as she gazed at them intensely.

"I should have, yes." They told her as they straightened up, towering over her as she visibly gulped. "But either way, the dates are not set in stone as the project isn't near completion." Wanda tried to remain confident but she felt strange as they towered her, their eyes boring into her own had her feeling a way it shouldn't. "My apologies Ms Maximoff."

"Why do you insist on calling me Ms Maximoff?" She questioned as she followed them out of the room.

"Well, that is your respected name, no?" They raised their brow as they entered the elevator.

"You know what I mean." She stated as the elevator stopped. Wanda watched as Y/N pressed the stop button, turning to face her.

"I call you Ms Maximoff because I respect you." They told her as she backed up against the wall. "Also, the more I call you Wanda makes me want to say it in a more unprofessional manner and I can't do that because you are my employee, and there are boundaries I will not cross." They stood toe to toe as their hand rested on the wall beside her head. "Is that ok Ms Maximoff?" They questioned with a raised brow.

"It is." She whispered as she never turned away from their burning gaze.

"Perfect." They moved away and started the elevator again as Wanda tried to regain her composure, although her heart was beating rapidly in her chest as her mind raced with many inappropriate thoughts.

Since the moment in the elevator, Wanda found herself observing them more and more. She watched how their forearms looked when they removed their jacket, sleeves folded up neatly as they moved around their office, speaking on the phone. They soon beckoned for Wanda to enter the office before finishing up their phone call.

"It appears that we have been asked to attend a charity ball." They informed her. "I am to bring a date and I usually take Jean but as you can see that is impossible."

"So, you want me to be your date?" She questioned as they sighed, a tight lipped smile on their face.

"I don't want to put you into an uncomfortable position but I usually prefer to take someone I know and trust." They told her.

"You've only known me for a little over a week." She reminded them as they nodded.

"And I do trust you Wanda." They told her as they reached for two glasses and a decanter, pouring the golden liquid into the glasses. "I am not pressuring you into saying yes, it is entirely your choice and you can say no."

"I don't know." She whispered as she took the glass from them. "If you have been invited, then maybe my father in law and husband may have been invited."

"Well, just let me know." They told her as they finished their drink. "I can take Gwen if need be."

"I don't think I can." Wanda whispered as Y/N nodded in understanding. "Working here and lying about it is already affecting my marriage."

"It's ok Ms Maximoff." They told her softly. "Don't worry about it." They took her own empty glass and took it to the small bar they had. "Why don't you take the rest of the day off."

"I can't do that." She whispered as they gave her a soft smile.

"Yes you can. Take it, you won't lose any wages." They told her. "I'll see you tomorrow morning." They helped her stand as she nodded, mumbling a quiet thank you before she absentmindedly gathered her belongings and left the office. Picking up some food on her way home, just in time for Jarvis to return home.

"Wanda, what are you doing here?" He asked her as he wasn't used to her being home early.

"I had the afternoon off." She told him as he did something on his phone before scoffing at her.

"And you didn't tell me?" He questioned her.

"I didn't know I had to tell you." She countered as he shook his head. "Besides, why are you home?" She asked as she looked at the time, it was only 3pm as he just glared at her.

"I live here." He told her. "And also, we have a charity ball coming up." He told her. "So you need to buy a new dress, not any of the old ones you have in the closet. You know what, I'll just send Pepper's stylist your measurements and I'm sure they'll pick something nice for you." With that he left, leaving Wanda in the kitchen alone. She still sometimes hoped that the man she fell in love with was still inside him somewhere. Hoping that this marriage wasn't entirely a waste of time.