Six

Wanda remained in Y/N’s apartment throughout the night, lying awake in their bed as they stayed on the sofa, not wanting to make her uncomfortable, although they couldn’t sleep either. Seeing Wanda in such pain made them angry, furious that someone could do something so hurtful and deceitful to such a wonderful woman.

“You should sleep.” Y/N spoke up without looking away from their laptop.

“So should you.” Wanda stated as Y/N chuckled, turning around to face.

“Do you want some tea or coffee?” They asked her as she shrugged.

“Maybe some tea please.” She whispered as they gave her a smile before getting up and heading to the kitchen area. She watched as they poured her tea, she could see them shake, but not enough for someone to really notice. “Are you ok?” She asked them, causing them to chuckle.

“I should be asking you that.” They smirked at her as she just tilted her head as she leaned on the counter.

“Please be honest with me.” She pleaded with them as they sighed.

“I’m furious.” They told her honestly. “I want to kick his ass for not respecting you enough, for not loving you enough because his actions clearly state the opposite to the vows he gave you on your wedding day.” They turned to face her, their eyes gentle as they looked in her own green eyes. “You deserve to be treated like the queen you are. You should be worshiped and protected by the person who is lucky to call you theirs. You should be showered with love and affection every moment of everyday because, hell isn’t that what every woman deserves. She deserves to know that she will never be second to anything or anyone. She should always be number one.”

“Is that what you think?” She whispered as they nodded.

“It’s what I know Wanda.” They told her as they handed her the cup.

“You can’t expect me not to kiss you after that.” She breathed out as they shook their head no.

“You’re still married, Wanda.” They reminded her. “And I respect you so much to let you throw everything away.” They gave her a serious look before continuing. “I know that last night you saw someone who wasn’t the man you fell in love with, but I can see you still love him and I won’t want you to ruin the good person you are Wanda.” They started to walk away as she scoffed and shook her head.

“But we have already kissed!!” She shouted as she followed them. “And I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. I don’t know why, but I can’t help but want to feel like that again. To feel someone hold so gently and carefully like I am fine china that can shatter at any moment.”

“Wanda, you’re distressed.” They tried as they turned to face her. “You have been through a lot in one night.”

“No.” She shook her head as she stepped closer to them. “This is the clearest my head has been in months.” She had their back against the wall, their bodies practically touching. “I know what I want. I know what I need.”

“You’re married.” They reminded her once more before turning her around, pushing her against the wall, their gaze piercing through her soul. “I can’t have you destroy everything you have built for some quick fling.”

“You won’t.” She whispered as she caressed their cheek, sighing as she felt their forehead against her own.

“I need to go.” They told her before pulling away. “Gwen will be here to pick you up at 9am to take you to my doctor.” She watched as they left their apartment, their suit they had worn for the gala looking completely disheveled. Releasing a shaky breath as she leaned her head back against the wall.

The familiar floors of the building led a familiar person through to the office he had once visited as a child. Looking at the time on his watch as he entered the office to see Y/N pacing the floor.

“You know, I never expected to get a call at 3am.” He smirked as he watched them stop and turn to face him. His teasing demeanor changed to one of concern. “What’s happened?”

“I have been experiencing something.” They told him. “I can’t explain it but I think I have real feelings for someone who is completely off limits.”

“Is she married?” He questioned as he helped himself to a drink.

“Yeah, she is married to Jarvis Stark.” Y/N answered him.

“That trust fund brat!” He yelled as Y/N nodded. “I hate him so much. Did I ever tell you about what he did to a friend of mine, he was in the same college as him. You remember Peter?”

“Parker? Yeah.” Y/N nodded as they took a drink and lit up a cigar.

“Yeah, Pete was doing a project for his journalism course and do you remember the camera he got from his Uncle Ben?” Y/N nodded before he continued. “He smashed it before he beat his ass. They were in college for fuck sakes.”

“I really can’t stand him anyway.” Y/N admitted as Harry smirked.

“Then get back at him.” He suggested as Y/N shook their head no.

“I couldn’t do that to Wanda.” They admitted. “She means more to me than just a game or a tactic to get back at a complete and utter dick.”

“Well, I guess you are stuck.” He told them as he finished his drink. “I guess I can’t really help you.”

“I just wanted someone to talk to.” They told him. “I just needed my brother.”

“We have never been siblings!” Harry growled as he got closer to Y/N. “Just because we share the same father means nothing to me. You mean nothing to me.”

“Then why did you come?” Y/N asked him as he just scoffed before leaving the office, Y/N knew at that moment that they had hit a nerve within him, they just needed Harry to realise it himself.

“Wanda?” Nat questioned as she opened her door to her best friend. “Where have you been?”

“I needed space.” She answered coyly as Nat let her in.

“Pepper has been calling everyone looking for you.” Nat told her. “She mentioned that you had a disagreement with Jarvis and you just left.”

“What was the disagreement?” Wanda questioned her.

“It was about his new assistant.” Nat told her.

“No.” Wanda shook her head with a laugh. “That was not the disagreement, and right now I couldn’t care less of he started fucking with Hope.”

“Then what happened?” Nat asked her as she watched Wanda pace the floor. Wanda explained everything that happened, from the moment she had spent with Jarvis to this morning. “I am going to kill him.” She growled as Wanda shook her head.

“Y/N got me the plan b.” Wanda told her. “And they got me on their company health care plan so I can get birth control.”

“So you spent the night with Y/N.” Nat observed as Wanda chuckled dryly.

“Not how you’re thinking.” She admitted. “They even denied my advance and left the apartment. They wouldn’t even let me ruin my marriage.”

“I think I am starting to like this Y/N person.” Nat told her as she grabbed a couple of cups, making some tea. Using the rest of the day to catch up. “You need to get out of this marriage.” Nat blurted out as Wanda looked at her shocked. “I’m sorry, that was blunt but I need you to know that I have never liked him. You graduated college, got a degree and every means to make a career for yourself and he wanted you to be a stay at home wife, just so he could use you at his own leisure. That to me isn’t love Wanda, and that he lied about practically raping you.”

“Nat.” Wanda whispered as Nat shook her head no. “I do love him and I know the man I fell in love with is still in there somewhere.”

“Look Wanda, I know you want to hold out hope that this high school dream of yours will last a lifetime, but believe me, it has already died. It died the moment he tried to make you his own personal slave and spawn incubator.” Wanda chuckled lightly at her words. “I am just looking out for you. You’re my best friend and I want the best for you.” Wanda gave her a teary smile before diving into her arms, holding onto her for dear life and afraid to let go.