The Burden of Choices

Author note:- Guys I'm traveling tonight and u don't know when I will be back. I'm not sure if I will get proper network to update the chapters. So kindly be patience.

The moment u will be back I will try to give you dual updates.

Thank you and sorry.

"Mr. Kundrra Rashmi's health is deteriorating rapidly, and her time is limited."

Karan was taken aback by Janki's soft yet unwavering revelation. While he harbors a dislike for Rashmi because of the pain she caused Tejasswi, he never wanted her life to end so tragically.

"Oh god gracious, how could that be?" Karan uttered in stance.

"Rashmi's pregnancy has taken a dangerous turn, and it's doubtful she'll make it through delivery. Her medical prognosis suggests she might not survive after giving birth, as she'll be expending all her strength in the process." Mayesha broke the somber silence with this grim account of Rashmi's condition.

"This is really distressing news. What about the baby then?" Karan's voice was filled with grief and concern.

He felt a deep sorrow for the unborn baby, knowing the pain of losing a mother. Although he was five when he lost his own mother, the thought of Rashmi's child becoming an orphan so soon after entering the world was heartbreakingly tragic.

"That's why Rashmi wants to see Tejasswi. Mr. Kundrra, she is grevianing and wants to apologize for her wrongdoing. Her last wish is that Tejasswi must adopt her child after her death, because she believes only Tejasswi is actually capable of giving her child a good upbringing." Parvati, in baritone, revealed their original purpose for visiting.

With a heavy heart, Karan rested his head in his hands. Though he felt compassion for Rashmi's situation and genuine concern for the child about to be born, he couldn't do anything that might harm Tejasswi.

'Rashmi's concern is valid, and Tejasswi has a heart of gold, always extending her help even to those who don't deserve it. But...' Karan's hesitation stemmed from another consideration, one that revolved around Tejasswi's own well-being.

For another moment, the room was submerged in an intense quietude, until Karan, who had been lost in deep reflection for the past five minutes, spoke up.

"If Rashmi does pull through after delivery, would she consider entrusting her child to Tejasswi?"

"But, then..." Ishan attempted to interject, only for Karan to gesture for him to be silent.

"Tejasswi is already wrestling with a pain similar to this. Perhaps none of you are aware, but she has experienced a miscarriage. If Rashmi were to survive and then refuse to give up the baby, it would be like reopening that wound for Tejasswi. As you all know, she has a deep fondness for children."

The corners of Karan's eyes glistened with tears as he discussed the most painful event of their lives. Despite both of them finding a way to move on, only they, as parents, truly comprehend the magnitude of the impact the accident had on their lives.

"What?"

"Tejasswi head a miscarriage?"

A wave of astonishment swept over the Sharma clan. Janki's hands instinctively went to her head as she sank onto the couch, tears streaming down her face. Shekhar moved beside her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders in a gesture of solace.

"Shekhar, my Teju has faced so many hardships," Janki whispered amidst sobs, burying her head in his shoulder.

"Social media was flooded with news about Tejasswi's miscarriage a couple of months ago, which you denied after your marriage revelation, correct? On that day, Tejasswi did indeed lose her  baby." Ishan asked, his voice trembling.