Chapter 6 - I miss you

NOTES: 

There will be a flashback. I'm going to jump in places and time and I'll switch POVs during the fic, but I don't think you'll have any trouble figuring it out. Flashbacks are always in italics.

London - Alec

After a tiring day, Alec had finally got home. He couldn't deal with the fact that the other teachers didn't care that a student had disappeared. 'He's of age, he can do what he wants', they said. Yes, they were right about that. But he knew something was wrong. Or was he overthinking again?

Church rubbed against his leg. Alec fed him first, then took out some of yesterday's leftovers for himself. He looked at his plate, but he couldn't eat. He felt a knot in his stomach. He put the food back in the fridge, changed and went to the gym. The treadmill always helps to clear his chaotic mind. He had been running for about 5 minutes and the outside world had faded around him, but now his mind was not surrounded by the usual empty white cloud, but by a memory. A beautiful memory that was rather bittersweet now.

New York - many years ago

They had been living together for almost 2 years. Alec went through a lot of shit, but Magnus always took care of him. He had a few longer, and shorter relationships, but somehow things always went wrong. Alec's relationship didn't last long, but Magnus felt like forever. It was cruel to see him always with someone else.

Alec had been single for a while. He focused all his energy on studying. And lately secretly to Magnus. His roommate, who always took care of him. Someone he could always count on, no matter the circumstances.

Then he noticed something was wrong. Magnus has been skipping dinner lately. He spent more and more time at the gym. One morning, he saw Magnus standing with a towel around his waist, looking at himself in the mirror, pinching the non-existent fat on his side, muttering to himself that he had 4 more pounds to lose. Though he was already a shadow of his former self, he was so thin.

"Magnus, you aren't serious, are you?"

"Alexander, the Master told me that I must be in perfect shape for the exam. You know how strict he is about that."

"That's not healthy, Magnus. Don't think I haven't noticed you've been skipping dinners. You hardly eat enough anyway."

"Who says ballet is healthy?"

"It's still not right. I've made you a proper meal for today. Take it with you and eat it, please. See you tonight."

When Alec came home in the evening, Magnus wasn't home yet.

After an hour, Alec began to worry. Magnus hasn't been partying lately, and he didn't answer his phone.With his first thought, he called the school reception and asked if he was still there. Then He took his keys and the sandwiches he had made for him that morning. Of course Magnus had left them at home.

It was dark. There were only a few people now in the building. He didn't even have to ask the doorman, he knew Magnus liked to practice in a quiet room at the end of the corridor where there wasn't so much noise. He hurried there. The door was ajar.

He leaned against the doorjamb and watched him pirouetting. Again, and again, and again. He was beautiful. He loved to watch him dance. The way he concentrated. The way his muscular body was covered in a veil of sweat. This man was fucking beautiful. Why hadn't he noticed that before? Piruett... again... again... again... until he was out of breath, until it was perfect.