Chapter 7 - Confused

NOTES: In the following chapters we will have some text messages. The bold letters show who wrote them: 
M: Magnus, A: Alec.

I badly messed up with the names of the cats in the previous chapters. I've fixed it. So Alec's cat is Church, Magnus' cat is Chairman Meow 😺

(That's happens when you don't have beta...feel free to let me know the next time I do something stupid like this 🤪)

There will be a flashback. I'm going to jump in places and time and I'll switch POVs during the fic, but I don't think you'll have any trouble figuring it out. Flashbacks are always in italics.

⚠️ Warning, slight mention of suicidal thoughts

Thank you for the 1,7K hits and the many kudos and comments. You make me really happy. (It's for AO3)

New York - Alex

Alex paced up and down Nora's living room.

"What's wrong with you Alex?"

"I'm completely confused, Nora. I have no idea what to do."

"Okay, Who did you knock up? Rita?"

"God, no, what are you thinking?"

"Jesus? Is it Julie? You said she had a boyfriend, right? My God, is she going to keep the baby? You totally screwed up, honey. A baby can ruin your dancing career. Do your parents know? And Julie's parents? Jesus, does her boyfriend know? Doesn't he play hockey? Alex, you're dead. He's gonna kill you."

"Nobody's going to kill me, for God's sake, I didn't knock anybody up. Especially not Julie. Have you seen her boyfriend? He's a 6'6" goliath. I didn't put a baby in anybody. Jeez Nora."

"OK, I don't get you at all now."

Alex looked at his friend, and for the first time in his life, he was at a loss for words. But he knew he could trust Nora, so he gathered up all his courage to tell her.

"I... I... I kinda like someone. But I don't feel the way I usually do, like we're just going to hook up for one night and goodbye. Nora, I feel like I'm being pulled by a rope to this person. I don't know how to say this, but it's like this butterfly thing really exists. I just feel like there's a thousand of them fluttering in my stomach, and gosh, it feels so good, at the same time it scares the hell out of me."

"Come sit here," Nora patted the couch for the still pacing Alex, "honey, it's called loveeeee." she said as she wrapped her arms around him.

Alex looked into her eyes and took a deep breath,

"Nora, who I like, happens to be a man. Maybe I'm...how can I say this...maybe I'm....bisexual." Alex was nothing but a whisper.

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

"I hope that's not a problem for you, is it?"

"No...I guess not...it's just weird, and I don't understand why I didn't feel it before. I mean, I'm not 18 anymore. You know better than anyone that my sex life is pretty active...but I've only been with women. I've never thought of a man the way I think about him. And it drives me crazy."

"Well, maybe you haven't met the right man yet. Don't you think so?"

"I don't know sweet pea."

"How do you know him? Wait, do I know him? Is he even queer?"