Chapter XI

𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊

Nillia pov:

"Stop" Alice yelled. I rushed to her side as fast as I could, wanting to protect her from whatever was coming. That's when I caught her scent.

"No" I whispered in disbelief as my eyes continued to stare at the three figures that became more visible with each step they took. It couldn't be, it can't be.

We quickly ran back to the rest of the family, my breath heavy from shock. "They were leaving, then they heard us" Alice informed everyone.

"Let's go" Edward put his arms around Bella and was intending to lead her away from the scene that was about to occur. "It's too late" Carlisle stopped them. The brunette vampire gulped, his eyes widened in fear for his girlfriend. "Get your hair down" He thought about the only possible thing that could conceal her scent at least a little.

"Like that'll help, I can smell her from across the field" Rose spat. "She's right Edward" I said, shooting him and Bella a worry filled look even though, I myself couldn't function right.

Carlisle began walking towards the three vampires, as everyone, apart from Edward and Bella followed him.

Did she already realize that it was me?

Their figures stood now clear in front of our very eyes. Their every feature revealed to us. I couldn't bring myself to look at her, because after all this time I still was hurt at for how she left me. For James.

"I believe this belongs to you" The dark skinned man spoke up confidently, presumably the one with the saying in his coven. He threw the ball back to our oldest vampire. "Thank you" Being calm was the one thing I didn't understand how Carlisle always managed to be, no matter the occasion.

"I am Laurent. And this is Victoria, and James" I let out a low growl at the mentioning of the woman that shattered my heart to pieces and left me alone with my little knowledge of this life.

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family" All of us watched them threateningly. I remained to stay a bit behind Jasper so a certain redhaired wouldn't notice me.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us" Carlisle cleared it up for them, though I'm pretty sure they were already aware of that. "Our apologies, we didn't realize the territory had been claimed" Laurent continued to speak for them.

"Yes well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby" I was hoping for them to just accept and carry on hunting some helpless humans, but as Laurent spoke, I noticed James looking rather intrigued at the too stubborn Cullen.

"We won't be a problem anymore, we were just passing through" Laurent finished his sentence with assuring words, yet it would be only too perfect to be really happening. "The humans were tracking us, but we let them east" Victoria held her signature smirk on her face, something I loved seeing on her.

"You should be safe" She whispered reassuringly in her soothing voice. "Excellent" Carlisle nodded.

There was a short silence before Laurent spoke up again. "So?" He laughed, "Could you use three more players" We all darted our eyes at Carlisle who sighed, not yearning for difficulties with some nomads. "Oh come on, just one game"

"Sure, why not" He gave in, despite the pressure we were putting on him, telling him to decline. "A few of us were leaving, you can take their place" The ball flew back to the dark skinned. "We bat first" Before he could catch it, Victoria did. "I'm the one with the wicked curveball" She smirked.

"Oh well I think we can handle that" We all laughed at Jasper's comment, even she let her beautiful smile show- how I missed it.

"We shall see"

We strode back to our spots, I- luckily going unnoticed by the redhaired.

Bella on the other hand didn't go as unnoticed. Strands of her hair flew up as a gush of wind passed past her. James caught on her scent and turned around promptly. "You brought a snack" He stated and jumped in front of the couple.

We all turned back to them and hissed at one another. That's when Vic noticed me. Her eyes widened, but she buried her shock with a smirk before anyone could detect it. "Good to see you again" She mouthed. And it hurt, whether she meant it or not.

"Vic" I whispered, still having the disbelief in my voice and from that she actually was 'talking' to me.

"The girl is with us" Carlisle intruded in on our little get together, his words referring to the now very much weak human. Though Victoria didn't feel as interrupted, her eyes visibly not leaving my face. "I think it's best if you leave" Laurent nodded, not desiring a fight to break out either.

I struggled to ignore Victoria's eyes on me, but it was just so hard. I wanted to look at her, I really did. Yet I couldn't bring myself to face her.

"I can see the game is over, we'll go now" Laurent put his hands up in surrender, desperately avoiding to cause any trouble.

"James, Victoria" They slowly backed off, red eyes glued onto mine as I took my possibly last look at her. Her lips parted, but no sound came out "I'll see you soon my love" She mouthed.

James put his arm around the woman he stole from me as they turned their back to us. He kissed her head, although I could swear I saw her trying to back away from his touch.

———————————

If you wonder why she doesn't love James even though its her mate, its fiction. Thats why

I literally have my english final examination blah blah in two days i'm so nervous. Even though my principal doesn't hate me she's scary and she's gonna be the one who listens to the oral exam thing

Word count: 998