Chapter XIII

𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕

Nillia pov:

"Why don't you wanna talk about me darling?" I jumped as I all of a sudden heard the woman's voice right next to my ear. "Fuck Victoria" I breathed out, praying that only she heard me say the name.

I did not look at her, but first rushed to the bathroom to turn the shower on; making sure they couldn't know who was in here with me.

"You shouldn't be here" I spoke, striding towards the redhead that was smirking at me. "Yet I am" She turned and sat on the bed behind us. "Why?" Was the only question I could think of in this moment, yet I had so many.

"I wanted to see you, perhaps for the last time" She shrugged, looking at her hands instead of me, somehow seeming too ashamed to. "Victoria don't play with me right now, why are you here, what do you want?" The smirk formed on her lips once again.

"When have I ever played with you" She purred, having me groaning and her directly after my annoyed reaction.

"Is it so hard for you to believe that I care for you and wanted to see if you were safe before I have to leave again" I rolled my eyes, but my heart softened at her response. "Actually it is Vic, given that you left me without caring before"

She sighed and stood up, looking down at me. "It was to keep you safe, why won't you understand"

"BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAD A REASONABLE EXPLANATION YOU STUPID BIT-" I started yelling at her, not being able to finish what I wanted to say, because soon she held my body tight to hers, shushing me.

"Pssht, we don't want anyone knowing I'm in here" She spoke in a soft and calm voice. "I don't care who knows and I don't care what happens to you, I hate you" I hissed, trying to break away from her grip, but she has always been stronger than me.

"Don't say that, I know you don't my love" Her voice was barely above a whisper, venom visibly burning in her eyes. "It's true, I never had a reasonable explanation, but that's because you can't know" I scoffed, finally succeeding to rip out of her grip.

"Of course not" I huffed sarcastically, sitting down on the bed, with her doing the same. "I never wanted to hurt you Nillia, but he would've" Her eyes were fixed on the wall while I processed her words.

"James?" My eyes widened when she nodded her head weakly. "I knew that we eventually had to part someday, but when the day came and I met James, I just couldn't" She began explaining while I sat still and listened.

"Yes, I love him, but I always loved you more. I didn't want to be with him, but it just seemed so unfair, our mates would both be alone" I sighed, figuring how I would feel if I would have never had the chance to meet my mate.

"But before I could even make a decision, he threatened me to kill you if I wouldn't go with him. So I left with him" Slowly her sad eyes met mine. "To keep me safe?" The corner of her lip slightly tugged upward.

"I couldn't let him hurt you baby" She pulled me in her side and pressed her lips against my head. "I'm sorry" I whispered. "No I am, I shouldn't have let you off clueless"

I was lost for words. I knew James was bad, but back then, I wouldn't even consider thinking about him killing me. There was no reason to do so. Yes Victoria was mine and I was hers, but as soon as he came in the picture the ending was immediately decided. Even if we didn't want it to.

"I must go now and you do too, you've got a very cute girlfriend waiting for ya" I giggled at the mention of Alice. Sighing, I pulled her in my arms one last time before she was gone. "Be safe" She nodded her head with a smile and got up.

"Nillia, is everything oka-" The pixie couldn't finish her sentence, due to the shock she experienced, the second she recognized Victoria. "Shit" I cursed, I thought that I closed the door, but I must've forgot.

"What in the immortals is she doing in here?" I heard it in her voice - her trying to contain herself not to scream out in shock, anger and maybe even for help.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she debated whether to look at me or the redhead. "Till then my love" With those last words, Vic left the hotel room through the window, already out of sight when Alice rushed to it hoping her eyes would catch her.

"Alice I can explain" My voice once again was trembling because of my nervousness, the pixie staring impatiently at me to go on with my un-started explanation. "Then do" She put her hands on her hip and damn I thought about making her mad more often from now on.

However, I sighed, not necessarily wanting to enlighten her. "Hm?" She raised her eyebrow, waiting for my truthful response.

"Sit down" I patted the space next to me, and she sat down, glaring at me intimidatingly while she did so. "It takes quite a few nerves for me to tell you this, so I will trust you with it, understood" Her hand rested on my thigh,
"You can tell me Nila"

-

I took my time to tell her my story, everything I went through, how I got turned, my past with Victoria and what she did here just half an hour ago. Now we both were sitting on the bed, well one of us. I was lying with my head in her lap, Alice running her fingers through my hair. Venom pooled in both our eyes, wanting to fall so desperately.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through this" I glanced up in her teary eyes, giving her a small reassuring smile. "It's fine Aly, it's not your fault. I just wished.." I exhaled, closing my eyes. "I just wished me and Victoria would've ended differently"

Alice took a small pause from life as she then sighed out. "Or not at all" I sat up and cupped her cheeks, before she could get her thoughts more depressing than they already were.

"Yes, Victoria was good for me, she was my first love and before I met you I could only think about her - But us still being together, would mean that I would've never met you, my actual mate" I spoke, seeing her lack of response as a sign to continue.

"I spent what? Like three weeks of my life with you and you're already the only person I can think about, the only person I wanna spent my sleepless nights and my endless life with. My heart beats for you Alice"

Golden eyes gazing into mine, our face inches apart, lips slightly parted prepared for what life holds next for us. "You make me feel like a living teenage girl" I whispered. She smiled before her hands found my face, pulling me in so our lips were touching.

Kissing her was one thing I longed for ever since I first laid eyes on her. Our lips moving together in sync and her hands on my neck to pull me closer and to deepen the kiss. It would've just been too perfect to be real. So fate decided against us, it didn't want it to be perfect.

"BELLA" Alice yelled, swiftly getting to the bedroom door and opening it, revealing the main room to be empty, no sight of our stubborn brunette friend. "She left" Alice breathed out in horror.

———————————

Word count: 1310