Chapter 32: You're A Beam Of Light In My Kingdom

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay," Terrence tries to calm down very softly and quietly.

Raquelle says nothing and keeps looking at Terrence with scared, widely open eyes and pressing her knees to her chest with a heavy breath.

"It's okay, sweetie, it's okay. Stop shaking."

Terrence only caresses Raquelle's shoulders before she sharply creeps back onto the other side of the bed.

"No, no, p-p-please..." Raquelle begs in a shaking, little hoarse voice with tears. "Don't d-d-do anything b-b-bad to me... P-please..."

"Honey, what's wrong?" Terrence wonders truly. "I will do nothing bad to you."

"Don't beat me, please... Don't scream..."

"I'm not going to beat you."

"I know I did a disgusting thing... I know I'm a mean bitch, who betrayed you. But please, don't do anything terrible to me..."

Terrence shakes his head, moves closer to Raquelle, and hugs her tightly but tenderly after she sniffs quietly.

"Quiet, quiet, quiet, s-h-h-h," Terrence whispers, caressing Raquelle's head tenderly. "Don't be afraid of me."

"No..." Raquelle pronounces in a quiet voice and gets out of Terrence's hug. "Don't touch me..."

"Raquelle..." Terrence pronounces softly and touches Raquelle's shoulder. "My girl..."

"Don't touch me..." Raquelle puts herself into the corner of the bed. "Don't do..."

"Calm down, sweetheart, I don't wanna hurt you."

"Leave..." Raquelle says quietly, shaking much stronger from fear. "Leave me..."

"Don't be afraid of me..." Terrence puts his hand on Raquelle's cheek and caresses it tenderly.

"No..." Raquelle turns her face sharply aside, not even looking at Terrence. "Don't get close..."

"Raquelle, I know I behaved badly yesterday. I know I made you afraid of me. And I truly want to apologize to you." Terrence takes Raquelle's hands softly. "Forgive me, please."

"You know... It would be better if... Erm..." Raquelle moves her ashamed look to Terrence for a second and swallows up nervously. "If we lived apart..."

"What?" Terrence rounds his eyes full of horror, feeling how his heart misses a beat. "Live apart?"

"I... Want to leave today..." Raquelle exhales with a shake. "I don't wanna stay here."

"Christ, Raquelle, what are you talking about?" Terrence takes Raquelle by the shoulders. "You can't do this! I don't want you to leave! I don't! Your home is here!"

"You said you didn't want to see me anymore," Raquelle recalls without emotions.

"Yes, I said it, but..."

"So, I am leaving. Maybe, forever."

"Please, sweetheart, change your mind!" Terrence begs with despair and pity in his eyes. "You can't leave me!"

"Don't worry, Terrence, I won't disappear," Raquelle sobs quietly, wiping tears off her face. "And... I won't be hiding on purpose. I... I shall let you know where to find me... When I'm... I'm ready. Though, I doubt you'd find me. After what I did."

"I'm really ashamed of you for my behavior. And if you don't forgive me, I'll never forgive myself for that."

"I really betrayed you and made you a stranger. I can't be with you anymore."