~15~

Later that day after the bell rang, Killua was greeted by several dozen people standing outside of class 1-A. "Can you like, move?" He asked. "I have somewhere to be." The students in the hallway didn't budge. He largely ignored the conversation, until Bakugou spoke. "they're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived. At least you know what a future pro looks like, now move it extras." Killua couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

Bakugou turned his head to look at Killua with a glare. "What's so funny?" Killua smirked. "You." He replied, causing Bakugou to clench his teeth. "Why you-" A strange voice interrupted them. "So this is class 1-A?" A purple haired male pushed his way to the front. "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional or just you? How sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs." The purple haired male locked eyes with him and started going on about some sob story, before ending it with the fact that he was going to take one of their spots. Killua was just going to ignore him, but then he said one last thing.

"Consider this a declaration of war"

Killua immediately snickered, then burst out laughing. Both his classmates and the students outside of the room alike just stared at him. He laughed for nearly a solid 20 seconds before he was finally able to stop himself. "Did you just compare the sports festival to war?" He asked, wiping some tears out of his eye that had been a result of his hilarity. As if they know anything about war. He continued, not letting the dude reply. "Maybe instead of coming here and insulting us, you should be training if you're that worried about losing." He walked past the purple haired male with a grin. "Cya there, if you make it."

"YOU JUST THINK YOUR BETTER THAN US DON'T YOU?" Some hotheaded silver haired guy exclaimed, with a clenched fist. Killua gave him a deadpan stare. "Last I checked, nobody said that. Perhaps instead of projecting your insecurities you should actually put in an effort." He said dryly, causing the teen to hesitate and look unsure of himself. "So quit whining, and go back to training. If you're as good as you say you are people will notice. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go feed my cat." He said, then proceeded to walk away. Not a single person replied to that.

During the next two weeks, they had free access to ground beta for training. Killua didn't use it of course, he didn't need to. Instead, he spent most of his newly acquired free time talking with Gon. It was one of those such days where Killua was walking down the street with his phone to his ear, listening to Gon's voice. "That sports festival thing sounds super cool, do you think I could watch it?" Killua hummed softly in contemplation. "Maybe, I'd have to record it onto my phone then send it to you though. And you wouldn't see it in real time. "Oh that's fine! I can wait a bit longer, I just really wanted to see you in action. It's been so long since I've seen you fight."

Killua felt his face heat up a little, not expecting that response. "Eh? What's that supposed to mean?" He questioned. "Well we haven't fought together or sparred or anything in years, I really miss it. I wish we still trained together." Gon was right, ever since Gon had lost his Nen they hadn't gone on any crazy adventures together, or fought together. And he found that he missed it too. "Yeah, I miss being at your side too." He said, a soft smile across his lips. There was a soft laugh from the other end of the phone. Did I say something weird? Killua thought. "You're sweet when you wanna be." Killua's face immediately heated up. "Eh!? S-Shut up! Fucking idiot." He muttered, trying to keep his blush contained. Something about Gon saying that to him just made something in his chest flutter in a very alarming way.

"Huh? But it's true! You don't usually show it but you have a really kind heart and you really care about the people close to you." Gon said earnestly, causing Killua to blush even more. "I know you always think of yourself really badly but I just want you to know that I think you're amazing, and really kind. Ok?" His face reddened even more at Gon's words, he was silent for a moment. "Killua?" Killua didn't realize he was crying until his vision went blurry from the tears. He wiped his eyes. "Y-Yeah, I'm alright." Dammit, I love you... He thought, although he knew he'd never be able to say it to his face. "You sound sad? Are you sure you're ok?" Gon questioned, worried. "Yeah I'm fine, moron."

Not long after that, Gon had to hang up for some reason or another. Killua just walked down the street in silence, staring at the blank screen on his phone. His sentimental moment was interrupted by a shrill ring from his phone. Upon looking at the caller ID, he promptly dismissed the call. Illumi just can't give up can he. He'd gotten many calls from random numbers, and more often than not it was Illumi trying to contact him. He'd just stopped picking up the phone unless it was someone he knew. I suppose I don't know for sure whether its him or not, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. He knew Illumi could track his location if Killua answered the call, no way in hell he'd let that happen. He let out a sigh, glancing up at the bright blue sky. I hope this sports festival thing is at least somewhat interesting.

1130 words

To be continued...