~17~

"WHAT A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS! KILLUA ZANSATSU COMES OUT OF NOWHERE TO TAKE FIRST PLACE!"

The crowd went wild at his sudden appearance, and Killua returned his hands to rest behind his head like they usually did. Was what he just did petty? Yes it was. Did he regret it? Absolutely fucking not. "WHERE THE HELL DID YOU COME FROM!?" Bakugou raged from behind him, having come in mere moments behind Midoriya and Todoroki. Killua whistled and merely walked away from the angered screeching. "Hey!" Killua paused at Todoroki's voice, and decided to turn his head to look. "Hm?"

Midoriya, Bakugou, and Todoroki were all just kind of staring at him. Midoriya with disbelief, Todoroki with confusion, and Bakugou with rage. "Sorry I guess, I wasn't gonna steal the spotlight but you had it coming after that stunt you pulled. " Killua said unapologetically, with a pointed look at Midoriya. He wouldn't say he despised the messy haired boy, although he did dislike him now. Wasted a perfectly good chocolate robot. He grumbled internally.

"What do you mean by that?" Todoroki asked, with a frown. Midoriya just stood there panting, looking like he was about to cry. Killua scowled. "Made me drop my damn chocolate robot." The three of them just stood there completely dumbfounded and in shock. "KILLUA!" Killua glanced over as Mina ran over to him, eyes shining. "Where did you even come from that was awesome!" Killua blinked. "I mean it wasn't all that impressive. I just kinda kept at the same speed the whole course, then turned it into full gear as the three frontrunners were nearing the goal."

"Hold on, hold up." Kirishima said, walking over and severely out of breath. "I could be wrong, did I just hear you say that you only came in first place...because Midoriya made you drop your chocolate?" Pretty much the entirety of the students who'd completed the course were staring at him now. "Pretty much." He said. There really was no other reasoning behind it, Killua had no motive to actually win this competition. He was just in it for the fun. There was an awkward silence for a few moments. "Your motives are....questionable, to say the least." Muttered one of the class 1-B students. Killua was about to reply but was cut off my Midnight announcing the next game. "Now the real fun is about to begin!" Killua glanced at the questionably dressed pro hero with curiosity. "Prepare yourselves... FOR A CALVARY BATTLE!"

Calvary battle? Killua blinked, he'd never heard of that before. Are we getting horses? He thought, intrigued. "Allow me to explain." Midnight said next, turning her back to the crowd. As she detailed what the game was, Killua had to admit it sounded quite fun. I would be the most useful as someone on the ground, but... "Each person is assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course. The point assignments go up by increments of five starting from the bottom." So that would make me have the highest point value. He thought, sliding his hands into his pockets. "And the point value assigned to the contestant in first place is..." There was a slight pause as the anticipation built.

"TEN MILLION!"

One might've expected a person in this situation to feel pressure, or perhaps a bit of fear. However Killua wasn't any of those things. He was thrilled by this revelation. Everyone's sure to be gunning for me and my team, finally something actually exciting. He thought, a mischievous catlike grin spreading across his face. "Oh really now?" He said, returning his hands behind his head in his classic unbothered pose. "You think you can beat me? I'd damn well like to see you try." He challenged, eyes squinting ever so slightly. A few of his classmates hesitated at that statement, most of the spectators just took it as him being overconfident and egotistical like his class had been painted. But his classmates saw it differently. What they saw, was the first time Killua ever took something seriously.

"Now you've got fifteen minutes to build your teams, I recommend you get started!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprisingly , nobody approached him. In fact, people shied away from him. Huh, I was expecting people to want to be on my team. It would be the smart thing. He thought, glancing around at the other students. There were clusters of students around Bakugou and Todoroki, but most people were avoiding even looking at him. Maybe the pressure of being in the lead intimidates them. "TEAM UP WITH ME PERSON IN FIRST PLACE!" Killua blinked, turning to see a very excited looking pink haired girl staring at him. He could tell her eyes were gleaming even though those goggles. "No thanks." He said flatly. I remember hearing her ramble on near the pit obstacle, she's probably just teaming up with me for exposure.

She gasped. "But- But you can use any of my babies! I brought them all with me!" He watched as she lugged a large trunk over and opened it, chattering on about several of the items. "I said no thanks." He repeated, frowning slightly. The girl looked up at him desperately. "But everyone will see my marvelous inventions- and It'll assure your victory!" Killua scoffed. "that's exactly why I'm saying no." She blinked, confused. "Huh?" Killua grinned. "I don't want an easy victory. I want to struggle during this competition. Struggle is what makes events like this exciting. If you want the attention, go see Midoriya. He's in second place." He suggested, with a dismissive wave of his hand.

He walked off to go find a team, most of the other students were already in groups but there was a single pair he noticed. Shoji and Tsu stood together, talking to eachother. Killua strolled over. "Hey! You guys look like you need a rider, mind if I join?" He said, with a cheeky grin. The two glanced over at him. "It's not like we have much choice." Shoji responded. Killua stretched a little. "Well you don't have to worry about losing, I plan on taking first place again." Tsu tilted her head slightly. "You know, I never took you to be a trash talker. Kero." Killua shrugged. "Ah, sometimes I get a bit too competitive." Plus, Gon will be watching this won't he? His best friend would be ever so disappointed if Killua didn't put on a show.

"Well, I'm assuming you have some sort of plan then." Shoji said. Killua nodded. "Can you make a relatively even platform for me and Tsu?" He nodded, unfolding his tentacles and slightly hunching over. "Like this?" Killua leapt onto his back with a nod. "Perfect." Tsu leapt up beside him, crouching froglike beside him. He glanced down at Tsu. "How accurate are you with that tongue?" Tsu looked back up at him. "What exactly do you have in mind, Kero?" Killua hummed, thinking for a moment. "if I were to say...jump off Shoji's back, would you be able to pull me back?" He wasn't planning on that turn of events happening, but in the off chance that it did he needed to know if Tsu had his back. She nodded, and Killua stood square in the center of Shoji's back as the timer for the end of the fifteen minutes got into the red zone. This'll be so much fun.

1230 words

To be continued...