~20~

Killua had left Todoroki and Midoriya alone, and gone off on his own. He regretted speaking, but at the same time he didn't. On one hand, he was afraid he might've given too much away about his past and his family. But on the other, he hoped he'd gotten through to Todoroki. Man, I really wanted to do more than just flip Endeavor off. He grumbled internally. Killua hesitated as he saw something he didn't expect. "WHAT? YOU TRICKED US!? YOU'RE GONNA REGRET THIS!!" Momo yelled at Kaminari. Cheerleader outfits? Really?

He walked over to Mina. "Uh- You good?" He asked, slightly concerned. Mina was about to reply, however Midnight announced on a loud speaker that they were to draw lots. Killua walked forward, as they were starting with the first place team. He drew his lot, then went back into line. After everyone else was done drawing lots, Midnight projected the results onto the board. He scanned the board, seeing some interesting matchups. I'm up against Kirishima. Poor Shoji has to face off against Todoroki first, ouch. Shoji didn't really stand a chance against him. Killua quickly looked over the rest of the matches, formulating a what battles he could possibly have in his mind.

For my second round I'd either be fighting Sero or Tokoyami, my guess is it'll be Tokoyami. Then after that I would be fighting Todoroki, Shoji, Midoriya, or Kaminari. He thought for a moment. Taking everything into account, Todoroki is the one I'm most likely to face. Then my last match.. There were eight possible people he could be fighting for his last match, although he was almost certain it was going to be Bakugou. He kind of hoped it was, so he could really put the angry blonde in his place. Mina looked nervous. "I have to fight Momo?" Killua glanced at her, then hummed. "You just have to attack faster than she can react." Mina glanced at him. "huh?"

Killua placed his hands behind his head, he'd observed quite a bit about his classmates in the time he'd been at U.A. "Momo has a habit of hesitating and being unsure of herself, you have to take advantage of that and have her stay on the defensive." Mina blinked. "Oh, yeah I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!" She laughed awkwardly. "Now if you don't mind I'm gonna get changed out of this outfit-" Killua huffed. "Right, why are you wearing that again?" He asked, moving to stand behind her. He saw some creep staring at her from out of the corner of his eye and it was pissing him off.

Mina sighed heavily. "Kaminari tricked us into thinking it was mandatory. Why are you-" Mina glanced over her shoulder at him with a confused expression on her face, but she was interrupted by someone whistling very loudly from the stands. Mina's face flushed and she looked awkward. "This skirt's a bit short-" Killua rolled his eyes. "Yeah." He didn't really know why he cared, but he kind of saw Mina as a friend. And her being uncomfortable made him mad. He took off the top of his P.E uniform, he still had the bodysuit under it so nothing showed. Killua tied it around Mina's waist so she didn't have to deal with stares anymore.

Mina looked at him gratefully. "Thanks." Killua shrugged. "You don't have to thank me. Just give it back when you don't need it anymore alright?" Mina smiled. "Yeah, I will. I'll be back!" She walked off chatting with Tsu, and Killua bit his lip. Hanging out with Mina brought him joy, but it also made him a bit sorrowful. Man...I miss Gon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gon watched the screen with rapt attention as the sports festival begun. He was watching it on his phone during lunch, eyes shining as he eagerly searched for Killua in the crowd near the gateway. He felt a bit guilty about pretending like he wasn't in Japan and lying to Killua, but he really wanted to surprise his best friend. About a week prior, he'd managed to get a pass to Japan and transferred into a hero school. He couldn't get into U.A late, so he went for the next best thing. "HEY GON! MIND IF I SIT WITH YOU?"

Gon glanced over to see several people glare at the speaker, scolding him for his volume. Gon didn't mind it, but he was used to living with Leorio so he was used to yelling that others would find obnoxious. "Sure Inasa, I was just watching the sports festival. His classmate took a seat beside him and started eating, glancing over his shoulder. "Ah, observing our rivals I see. Smart!" Gon turned his head and looked up at Inasa with a laugh. "I guess." I mean I just wanted to watch Killua fight in the sports festival really.

Shiketsu high was really competitive with U.A, he'd noticed. Gon didn't really understand it though. Gon watched as the obstacle course begun, he kept his eyes on Killua the whole time as he held relatively the same pace for a while. Inasa continued eating as he watched the sports festival over Gon's shoulder. The lunch bell rang before anything exciting happened and Gon sighed, turning it off. "Man, I'll have to finish watching it later." Inasa dumped his tray and adjusted his hat, which had fallen forward a little. "Cheer up, my friend! Hero course training is up next, I'm all fired up for the practical training!" Inasa said, passionately.

"Oh right I totally forgot!" Gon's eyes shined as he remembered what they'd been told yesterday. Today there was going to be something his hero course teacher called 'practical training' which basically meant they were going to be in combat with each other. Inasa and Gon always paired up for combat training, as they struggled the most together. Gon had lost his Nen, so all he had to his advantage was really his physical ability. Inasa however could fight him using his quirk, Whirlwind. Gon couldn't just punch wind, he had to get creative with it. Likewise Inasa had no hope of beating Gon in close quarters combat, his strength would easily overwhelm the taller teenager.

Due to the similar spirit the two had, they were drawn together like a magnet. The prospect of the difficult and hard earned battle caused them both to want to spar. However, sparring was prohibited unless specifically instructed by a teacher. This caused them to find other ways to compete instead, making up silly little games to see who could get the best score. Gon stood up and dumped his tray as well, then walked alongside Inasa to the next class. "I hope we get to fight each other." Gon said excitedly, grinning up at Inasa. His classmate towered over Gon, being more than a foot taller than him. It didn't affect their friendship in the slightest though.

"Likewise!" Inasa said loudly and enthusiastically, causing several students in the hallway to look over at him with irritation. I can't wait! And afterwards I can't wait to watch Killua kick ass in the sports festival!

1206 words

To Be Continued...