cause I like you

Hey, it's me, Taylor. I begin to type but then erase. I've hit the backspace button at least 5 times. Why is it so hard for me to text him? I don't have anything to lose and he was the one who showed interest first. I then typed,

Hey, it's Taylor! I heard you came to my concert but you left disappointed. What can I do to fix that?

I hit send. I couldn't just wait around for a response so I left my phone on my bed. I grab my guitar and head to my couch. It was currently 8:55 p.m. in New York. It's a quiet night. I have been working on some lyrics for a new song but I couldn't quite get it right.

I sit in silence for a few minutes until I hear the notification go off on my phone. My heartbeat picked up as I got up and slowly walked to my room.

Hey Taylor! This is Travis! I was disappointed but not at the concert. You were incredible and you know I'm a fan! I had planned on giving you something but with security, it didn't work out. But here I am texting you! So I'd say it's all good!

My cheeks grow red. God why does he already have such an effect on me? I respond,

Good to know! I'm glad you enjoyed it. So, you have my number. Now what?

He responds within seconds.

Well, I think you are someone I'd like to get to know better. I mean as friends of course. For now. Your energy and mine, I think could match up. With both our schedules, it might be hard to find some time but I will make it work.

He wants to be friends. Hm, nothing wrong with having a tall, hot, male friend. I could put him to work.

His confidence is loud. But I don't get cockiness from him.

Hmm, alright then. Let me know when and where and I'll see what I can make work. Please do stay in touch Mr.Kelce.

Again, within seconds Travis responds.

Hey, I got your attention. I don't plan on losing it. Speak to you soon Ms. Swift.

Tree would be so proud of me right now.

Some weeks had passed since Travis and I's first conversation through text. Since then, we have texted multiple times throughout those weeks. We even spoke on the phone 2 or 3 times. It all felt so natural even though we haven't seen each other in person. I feel like this man has some sort of power over me. I had never felt like that ever. I feel guilty for admitting this but not even with Joe did it ever feel this strong.

We had made plans to meet up at a restaurant in New York. He would fly to me. He told me that if this all blows up in our faces, he should be the one to have to fly back with the embarrassment.

Tonight is the night. I finally got to meet him in person. I feel anxious. I'm dressed in a black mini dress with my mid-calf black boots. I have an oversized leather jacket on with some gold jewelry. My hair is down and straight. I've got my red lip on, with my winged liner. I think I want to make someone fall in love tonight. My confidence has made a return.

I arrive at the spot, which i'm a regular at. The ball is in my court. I find a round table with a booth to sit at. I've always preferred the booth, so much more comfier. A bottle of wine arrives. Now I sit and wait for him. 

I look up and there he is. Our eyes meet. I stand up as he is walking toward me. He is even better looking in person.

"I didn't make you wait long did I?" He says with a worried look on his face.

"No, you didn't," I say with a smirk on my face.

He pauses and smiles. He leans in for a hug.

His big arms wrap around me and my face lands comfortably in his chest. The scent of his cologne is intoxicating. This feels right. I hope he is feeling this too. 

We pull apart.

"You look beautiful Ms.Swift." He reaches and grabs both my hands. His eyes, his smile, his beard. I notice everything.

"Let's sit Mr.Kelce. I want to know everything about you." Our eye contact is strong. I feel the room drowning out around us. He smiles at me. He began walking to the other side of the booth.

I grab his arm.

"Sit next to me. I think I'd enjoy that more." Was I being too bold? I didn't care I needed him by me.

"Of course. I would do anything you want." He says.

We sit down our arms and legs pressed to one other.

Also no hate for Joe! It's just a story! Please keep voting! Thanks for reading!!!