the taste of his lips

We pulled apart and already I miss the feeling of him. Pushed up against me. His lips, I could taste them forever.

" Should we head inside," he says as he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. I look up at him.

"Lead the way," I say. He smiles at me. Grabs my hand and kisses it. Such a gentleman.

He leads up inside and we are greeted, by his teammates and their wives. The wives stop us.

"We will take her from her Travis." One says

"Don't worry, we will bring her back to you!" Another says

Travis smiles at me and nods. He lets my hand go and begins to walk over the bar. He sits and begins talking to some of the guys. My eyes follow him.

"So Taylor how is it going? You look incredible!" a wive says.

"Thank you! You ladies are so gorgeous. It's been good." I say with a smile.

"When we heard that you guys were seeing each other none of us believed it! I mean you are this mega popstar and well Travis is Travis!" One says as a joke. Everyone laughs.

I smile and the women continue to talk among themselves. My eyes wander back to Travis.

Pia is now sat by him. They look like they are arguing. She makes eye contact with me and storms out. Travis lets out a sigh and rubs his face.

"Taylor."

" Sorry!" I did that thing where I zone out again.

"I'm gonna go check up on Trav. You, ladies, are great, thank you for being so welcoming!" I say and some lean in for hugs.

I walk over to Travis who is in the middle of a conversation with some of his friends.

He turns to me and smiles. I go to sit in the chair that was, previously occupied by Pia. He grabs my hand and pulls me in front of him so my back is facing him. He is still mid-conversation and he sits me on his lap.

A simple but effective move.

His conversation ends so I take matters into my own hands.

I turn around and face him. I am standing in between his thighs.

"I saw Pia leave. Everything okay with that?" I say, while I gently place my hand on one of his thighs. The other is on his arm.

He looks down at my hand and blushes. He pauses and then looks back at me and says,

"Just some things we don't agree on." He says while nodding. He doesn't seem upset either. He places his hand on mine.

"Nothing to worry about. I have people who can fix these kinds of things." He says with a genuine smile.

"I'm sorry, I hope everything gets figured out. Do you want to share a drink with me? " I say

"I would love to." He says.

We both have a drink. Nothing crazy. The night went on as people talked to both of us. He was always looking over at me, asking if I was okay. I think He wanted to make sure I was having fun. Which I was.

I check my phone and see it's already 2:10 am. Both Travis and I had drunk some water by then. I haven't been out this late just enjoying myself, in a while. I am making connections, with some of these wives, laughing.

We begin to say our goodbyes.

As we walk out, Travis places his hand on my lower back. I turn and say

"So is this where we say goodbye? You know I leave tomorrow morning."

"Ya, I know." He says and pouts. God, he's adorable. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his. I am now leaning against the car door. I couldn't care less who saw us.

"Maybe I stay at yours tonight, nothing crazy but I love being in your presence," I say while rubbing his back. He looks down at me and smiles.

" Did you read my mind?" he says back and gently presses his lips to mine. He opens the door for me and we begin to drive.

We small-talked. He drove. His hand was on my thigh the entire time. He was making it hard for me. I can't give in though. Not yet at least.

We pull into his driveway and he gets out and opens the door for me. We walk into his house.

"Let's get ready for bed Tay." I could get used to that sentence. He puts his hand out. I grab it. He stops before his next sentence.

"Forgot that you would need a change of clothes."

I look at him and smile. I guess that was the last thing on my mind.

"You can wear one of my shirts." He says. We walk upstairs to his bedroom. He searches through his drawers and pulls out a bright red Kansas City Chiefs shirt.

"Perfect right." He says while giggling.

"Ya. You're lucky I love red." He shows me to his bathroom. I change. I come back out and he is in some joggers and no shirt. He stops what he's doing and looks me up and down.

"God has his favorites huh?" He says with a smile. I can't help but blush.

"Are you alright staying in here? I can stay downstairs." He says

I lean against the bathroom door. I cross my arms and say,

"It's your bed, Travis. I'm not staying in it unless you are in it with me." I gave him a serious look. Which I can't hold for long so I start to giggle.

"Alright nah." He says with a smile. We both get under the covers. He holds my waist. Nothing has ever felt this right. I turn to face him.

"Hey Trav thanks for everything," I say while caressing his chest. He rubs my lower back.

"I've got the biggest superstar in my hands. I've gotta keep you safe, and well cared for. You are worth everything." He says

Our eyes lock and he leans in. We begin to make out. It wasn't like before. It was soft and meaningful. Our tongues danced and our hands explored each other's bodies. The heat of our bodies burned. His lips felt like they were meant for me.  It wouldn't lead to sex.... not yet. But I would need him in that way soon. Just the thought of it made me ache. When the kiss ended he held me in his arms.

In that moment, I knew he'd be mine. And, I'd wake up by his side.

Thank you all for reading please keep voting! Feel free to comment too!