1: Two Babies?

Noah

I couldn't sleep so I decided to get some fresh air I know it's like one o'clock in the morning but I didn't want stay in the room with the noises of snoring sounds. I tip toed down the steps trying to make as little noise as possible to not alert anyone. When my feet hit the bottom floor I sluggishly walked to the front door as I got closer I let out a big yawn.

*Yawn* I rubbed my eyes tiredly, "Guess I'm tired after all." I quietly told myself.

Should I go back to bed or still get some fresh air I debated with myself I'm already down here and I could end up waking others up if I go back up the stairs and the younger kids need more sleep then I do. I came to the conclusion that still should get some fresh air before heading back up and getting ready for the day.

I opened the door to the outside as my eyes glanced down at the steps they widened in shock. I-is that a big cream cotton ball on the front steps?

I slowly bend down to get a closer look and notice it was a cotton blanket. "Why is there a cotton blanket balled up on the steps of our orphanage?"

I carefully picked up the blanket which was probably dumb of me to do but my tired brain obviously wasn't functioning at the moment. It had some weight to it but wasn't that heavy this is one heavy blanket. Gently putting the cotton ball down I took a deep breathe and unwrapped the blanket I was surprised at what I saw, There were two babies that was wrapped in the blanket.

Babies? Is this real or am I seeing double I looked around to see if the one that left them is still around. The answer is no they are not around or they're hiding somewhere watching. "Okay that thought makes chills go up my spine." Getting kind of scared at that thought I gently picked up the two babies and rushed back inside shutting the door behind me.

I should probably wake miss Littleton up? I'm walking upstairs and tried to make as little noise again to not wake up anybody. Miss Littleton doesn't like to woken up out of her slumber but this is an emergency so she'll just have to deal with it.

Man it was a good thing that I didn't try to go to sleep after all. Who knows how long these babies would of stayed outside in the freezing cold. I know they were wrapped in a big cozy blanket but still they could of got hungry or needn't a diaper change or someone else could have found them and took them away from here, Unless whoever left them changed their mind and did a U turn.

I stopped at miss Littleton's bedroom door and got myself ready before I knocked.

"Okay..." I whispered.

*Knock knock*

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I Love You and God Bless You :)

.

.

.

Thoughts?