intro

Hinata Shoyo enrolled at Karasuno High School not because it was the Little Giant's alma mater, no, he did it because he knew about the rumours of 'flightless crows'. He thought his past wouldn't catch up to him here in a low profile school where even if their team suddenly played well he might not be mentioned. He just needed anonymity, freedom from the past few years of his family living in fear of what would happen if his bastard of a father found them and intruded on their peaceful family again?

What kept him and his mother still sane and wanting to hope for a better life was his mother's side of family filled with cousins who loved him like he's their own sibling , with an aunt and uncle that showered him, Natsu and his mother with the love they yearned for and of course volleyball that his cousins introduced him to.

Hinata Shoyo wasn't dumb nor was he bad at volleyball. You can't be bad at something you have played since childhood with your cousins to guide you but he had to pretend, for fame in sports and being a model student meant recognition and popularity and what if his father came knocking at their peaceful doors again because he found out where they were because of Shoyo.

Shoyo would rather keep hiding before he let his father hurt his family but he's just so tired. His cousins keep telling him and his mother to just move in with them and also tell him always to just be what he wanted to as they're here and they will not let anything happen to him, his sister or his mother. But he was just scared and hesitant. His mother too didn't want to be a burden.

But what he didn't expect was the chance meetings of a training camp to slowly build cracks on the walls of the mask he had put up for so long. Unknowingly he had let himself be slowly adopted by some chaotic heathens who loved him so purely without selfish intentions that his facade to not try, to not shine, to not fly and get that adrenaline rush while spiking and playing was getting crumbled to pieces. His resolve was shaking. But could he finally be free? Who would catch him when he fell and crumbled? Will his new friends truly care? Will he and his family finally get that peace to be themselves without fear?

(a/n: hellooo so i wanted a haikyu fanfic with the 3rd gym squad comfort feels and chaotic interactions of them but i couldn't find anything so im deciding to write my own :) oh and also i will add kenma to the squad coz he 100% will be in the hinata protecc squad ofc and the cousins, guess who are the cousins? ;))