20 - i am not afraid to show you what real love is.

SERA

My mind is twisting and turning after the chaos that they left behind. The past week has been nothing but trying to get things back on track and reform the company with the new board and directors. A company-wide message regarding the dismissal of Chairman Corwin and his associates was sent out, resulting in the media getting involved. Luca was able to keep the media from finding out the real reason behind the significant change.

If I didn't know how influential Luca was, I do now.

He's bought out the shares of the previous shareholders, leaving fewer shares in circulation. Not only that, he has become an investor to minimize risk and help finance the business. I was against it at first, but it wasn't until the chief of finance revealed everything that I discovered just how much these thieves had stolen from the company. Of course, Luca is using his methods to make sure that the previous board and shareholders pay back every cent of the company's lost profits.

The Corwin's have been cut off financially, and my main goal is to get the money he owes me back. Luca's men have been watching Corwin's every move, and that means where they go and who they meet. They haven't been let off easily because I am in danger as long as the Corwin family is around.

The attorney confirmed that I had inherited everything and verified Mr. Satoh's passing. Luca revealed to me that Corwin hired an assailant to threaten and kill Mr. Satoh in an effort to change his will. Furthermore, poor Ms. Miyazaki was killed for bearing witness to it. My heart hurts since I am the one planning their funeral.

~

My fingers glide across the keyboard, making tapping sounds as words appear on the body section of an email. My eyes catch the clock before going back to the main screen. The office day is coming to an end. I place my hand on the mouse and move the cursor over the send button before pressing the left click. Lastly, I pick up the pen and cross out an item from my checklist.

I let out a breath, feeling the accomplishment with every item that was crossed off. The business landline rings in front of me, and I answer by pressing the speaker button. My secretary lets me know that Luca, Armando, and Sebastian have arrived. I start tidying up by placing documents in their folders and writing utensils into a holder.

The door opens, and Sebastian walks in first, along with Luca and Armando. "Hey, boss lady!" Armando throws a hand up in the air to greet me. I stand from my chair with a tired smile. "So, what do we need to talk about?"

Luca walks up to me and pulls me to his side, placing a kiss on the side of my head. Sebastian and Armando take a seat in the lounge area, where Luca leads me to the two-seater couch. The two men look at Luca, waiting for him to initiate the conversation. I wait in anticipation, catching on to the fact that this is a serious matter.

"There's more to this situation than what I've told you." Luca looks me in the eyes, and I prepare myself for what he is about to say. "Corwin has been on my radar for awhile."

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Corwin came to my father not too long ago and asked for his help in taking down your family lineage by going into business together. My father refused for some reason. A couple days later, he went missing. Corwin was my only lead, which is why I asked Sebastian to gather information and go in as your assistant."

"Wait, you guys know each other?" I look between Luca and Sebastian.

Sebastian sits back in the chair with his arms and legs crossed. "Sorry to deceive you, President Hanada. My actual name is Sebastian Claude. Owner of Claude Tech, a cyber security firm."