Chapter 20

CLIFFORD POV

(I was on my way home when I saw Daddy's car outside the school. Even though I was surprised, I approached the car and Daddy rolled down the window)

Hop in Gray (daddy ordered me so I opened the back door and got in)

How is school, son? (mommy asked)

It's okay Mommy. what are you two doing here? (I asked them)

Your daddy's meeting just near here. so we passed by. do you want something to eat before we go home? (mommy answered me. I just shook my head because I really wanted to go home to sleep. We were going straight to the house. In the years I've lived, this is the routine of my life. Until one day..)

***

Dan sigurado ka ba sa dinaraanan natin? kanina pa tayo palakad lakad hindi na natin mahanap bahay nila mommy. (I turned around at the sound of that voice and saw the Two boys not far from my place. They are Filipinos based on their speech. I understand Tagalog because my daddy is Filipino)

Oliver,please. can you shut your mouth. Your voice is irritated. you are too noisy (the boy scolded him. I noticed that they were looking around. When our eyes met the noisy boy, he immediately approached me. I'm also going home. I just bought something at the convenient store)

May I ask? we are new here in Florida and unfortunately we got lost on our way to our house. do you know this address? (he asked, he showed me something on his cellphone.)

Why are you looking for kuya Cyrus's house? are you related with him?

(they were obviously surprised by my question, kuya Cyrus is just across the house from us. He is the only person I know among our neighbors. actually daddy introduced me to kuya Cyrus)

I'm Don by the way. and he is my twin brother Dan. Kuya Cyrus and I are brothers. Do you know Kuya Cyrus? (asked by Don to me I nodded to him. so they are twin)

he is the son of my parents' business partner (I answered him. his twins have also come to us)

Can you accompany us to Kuya Cyrus's house? (he asked again, I nodded)

Follow me (I said as I passed them, I felt them following me. Our house is not far away so we arrived immediately. Our house is right next to Kuya Cyrus's. When we got there I saw Kuya Cyrus standing in the front of their house that you thought someone was looking for)

Kuya Cyrus (called Don Kuya turned away from us. The twins immediately approached Kuya Cyrus)

Daniel, Oliver. where did you go? bakit bigla bigla kayong umaalis ng bahay ng hindi nagpapaalam! (Kuya Cyrus sermon to two)

Nagugutom na kami. wala naman ka laman laman yung ref mo. (Don complain)

Sinabi niyo sana sa akin. hindi yung lalabas kayo akala niyo naman alam niyo dito. buti nakabalik pa kayo. (kuya cyrus said to the twin. but i notice one is quiet, the other is so noisy that you think he swallowed the mic because of his loud voice.)

ANDERSON (kuya Cyrus called when he saw me. I nodded to him)

I met them on the way. they are looking for your house, they are your brothers?. (I Answered and asked)

Ah yes. Daniel, Oliver this is Clifford Anderson, he is the son of daddy's business partner, yan lang bahay nila sa tapat. (kuya cyrus introduced to me and the twins)