CHAPTER 9: Loop Five

Would you believe me if I said this was in my drafts for more than a year lol 💀

FIVE

You infiltrate the royal government and prevent Eren from seeing the future.

A crown weighed heavy on the head that wears it, but you couldn't feel it at all

Pride was not something you could afford anymore. You knew this here, in Wall Rose, having run away from Shiganshina.

Lord Reiss scrutinized you, waiting for the trickery, the deception you would bring. It was unusual for a child no older than fourteen to seek him out, and to offer their life in his service. That was the sort of bullshit Kenny Ackerman would do, not an orphan.

"You're better off enlisting in the military," Lord Reiss scowled. "I don't have any use for children."

"Historia does," you said.

There. You placed your wild card on the table. The effect was immediate. Lord Reiss sputtered and looked around in fear of someone having heard you. How did you know that he had a bastard daughter? He yanked you by the collar and forced you to stand, enclosing his fingers around your throat. The sound of your worn boots dragging across the marble floor echoed throughout the entire empty chapel, where you knew a crystalline cavern lay hidden underneath.

"Who sent you?" he hissed. "What do they want?"

"I live freely on my own terms," you said calmly. "I am going to name a price and you will give it to me. I know everything about the Eldian Walls."

Reiss regarded you. It had only been hours ago that Grisha Jaeger murdered his entire family and stole the Founding Titan.

Wall Maria had fallen just moments ago. The only explanation now was that you were proof of Divine Intervention. You didn't know if Reiss was going to believe you but you were going to try.

"Are you God?"

A laugh escaped your throat. He was a religious man.

You supposed that in a way, you were. After all, Wall Maria was heading into ruins. You didn't meet Eren on the boat, so he probably assumed that you were dead or missing in Shiganshina. You took the same boat that his father took hours before the wall even fell.

You muttered to scare him. Lord Reiss released you, afraid that he had angered some creature disguised as a lowly peasant. It was easy to manipulate people who didn't know enough.

What would be the best way to manipulate a religious man? You thought.

"This is atonement for what your Eldian ancestors have done," you said. It was hard to take yourself seriously when you were in the body of a young girl again and spouting meaningless prayers, but Lord Reiss was in a fragile state. "You will keep me close."