your touch

"Come on Jisung," Felix huffs, resisting Jisung's reluctant whines about the impending clinic visit and dragging him by the arm, "you absolutely have to go today. No more excuses." 

Jisung scoffs. "Yeah, okay. And what if I just... stand here and not budge?" 

He cocks an eyebrow then, before halting his movements and standing completely still. They're in front of the clinic, locked in yet another heated exchange; a familiar Friday ritual where Jisung vehemently resists setting a single toenail inside Gerald's office. 

He witnesses Felix's face fall. "Oh, you will budge, Han Jisung," he responds, voice low, "or I'll have to sweep you off your feet and chuck you through big bossman Gerald's window. Might even aim for his lap, too." 

Jisung fakes a gasp, "You wouldn't.

"I would. And will, if you don't sashay your ass through that entrance right this second." Felix watches as his blonde friend's face crinkles with disgust, trudging a hand through his wild mop of electric blue locks. 

He has a playful grin on his face. He knew Jisung's aversion to these check-ups all too well, but today was different. Today, he had declared himself the appointed guardian of Jisung's well-being, and he was willing to resort to drastic measures. 

Felix reconsiders Jisung's unwavering demurral. He rolls his eyes. "Ugh, fine, 'Sungie... Would you like me to go with you? For emotional support or some shit." 

Jisung folds his arms. "Are you sure you won't leave me?"

"Well... no promises. But I really wanna see how bad 'it' is." 

"Oh, 'it's' bad. So awful, Lix, that you can't even begin to fatho—"

"Okay, whatever you say— just get in."

And finally, Jisung initiates his movement, his stride infused with a sense of faux determination. Felix follows suit. As they arrive at the reception desk, a warm smile glazes Jisung's lips as he greets the receptionist.

"Here to check in with Dr. Hardacre, Amelia," Jisung intones, his voice smooth. It almost sounds as if he's enthusiastic. Overjoyed. The tinge of regret layering his tone is barely noticeable. "I apologise if I've arrived a little late."

Amelia responds with a melodious chuckle. Always so dulcet towards him. "Not to worry, love," her fingers dancing nimbly upon the touchscreen before her, "now, you're all set. Oh, and Jisung, last time you were here, you must've forgotten to talk to me. But, I must remind yo—"

"Great! Thank you, Amelia!" 

Jisung doesn't realise that he's cut her off. In fact, he didn't even hear her begin another sentence, as he was already embarking on a swift departure down the hallway. Felix follows with a sigh. Jisung was often blinded by his desperation. Especially to get things over and done with.

As soon as they're out of sight, Jisung's once-poised facade crumbles. He instantly slumps against the wall, groaning. "Ugh, we're almost there, Felix. I really don't want to fucking do this."

Felix pulls him off the wall. Jisung just had to take a breather whenever they got close to Gerald's office. He'd have to start holding his breath soon.

"Nope, I'm not having any of that. You need to have your check-up, and I need to see what's so bad about him."

Jisung lets out a long, exaggerated sigh. "Why don't you go see for yourself?"

Felix cocks an eyebrow at him. "I'm not falling for that. You just want me to waste half of your appointment by talking to him," he says, before positioning Jisung towards the door, "now, open the door. Just an hour or so and it'll all be over again for another two weeks."