hush

It's routine at this point; strolling into the lobby with his shoulders held high and a smile so blinding. He's quick to greet Amelia and check-in. The lovely woman has never once questioned his increase of enthusiasm.

He's sitting in Minho's office already, just him and the silence all around to keep him company. Now, he is undoubtedly looking forward to having Minho in his presence again. Especially— especially since the man hasn't been able to stray away from his thoughts the past few days leading up to this appointment.

Usually, he'd be restless, buzzing in his seat as he kept a sharp eye on his phone clock. Waiting as it finally reached the time of his designated appointment. He'd be feeling an ache in his jaw because he would never be able to contain himself from grinning upon the thought of seeing Minho.

Now, he was still indeed shifting around in his seat, hands curled up on his lap. He can't stop his knee from bouncing, though. Because he's sitting there as another form of anxiousness takes over him. One completely different from before.

He unravels his palm and takes yet another peek at the folded piece of paper in his hand. He's almost sick of reading over the same lettering again and again— but he just can't help it.

Not when today, he plans to risk it all. Risk it all and let Minho know how he's been longing for him. He chews on his lip, eyes scanning over the digits written on the paper. His number. He's truly letting himself go today. 

But how could he not, when these past few meetings, Minho has been acting in such a way towards him?

It made him wonder— was he like this with all his patients? So intentionally teasing and completely relentless with it? The possibility caused Jisung's stomach to turn.

But then again, Minho didn't seem like the guy at all to entertain all his patients like this. Only Hayoon crosses his mind, but what does she have on him anyway?

Either way, Jisung is just really hoping Minho isn't doing it all to toy with him. To build false hope so it can all come crashing down on him afterwards. He knows, and he could just tell Minho possesses human decency.

So maybe, if Jisung shoots his shot and gets rejected, he'll be nice about it too.

Jisung is halfway into groaning into his hands when the door swings open. He's startled in his seat and straightens up, watching as Minho instantly strides into the room, right over to his monitor and disregarding his patient's presence.

Maybe he hadn't noticed him at first; Jisung puts on a smile nonetheless and stands up from his original seat, walking timidly towards Minho's desk.

"Hi, Doctor..." He starts. He wets his lips out of nervousness. "I... actually came on my scheduled appointment today!"

Minho peers at him. He's wearing his glasses again, front bangs looking a little windswept. To Jisung's slight disappointment, he only offers him a slight smile before he's typing on his keyboard again.

"I can actually see that. Thank you, I appreciate it."

Then he's moving again. Jisung can't suppress his frown when Minho moves over to the other side of the room to wash his hands. The lack of playful expressions are making his anxiousness grow.

He sucks in a breath and waits anyway, still letting his hope reside in him to keep him from fracturing completely.

Minho's hands are gloved when he's trekking over to the bed, nodding towards it. "Go ahead and have a seat for me."

Jisung wordlessly makes his way over to the bed to sit down. His eyes stay trained on Minho as he moves around the room, not letting his stare peel away from him once— searching for anything.