Chapter 1

Chapter 1: It's so over for me

Who am I? You sure you wanna know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody told you I was just your average, ordinary guy, not a care in the world...

Then I have to be honest that person was right.

It was chilly day, the clouds looming above us, casting dancing shadows across the ground. School was over for the day, and hundreds of kids rushed out of school like a wild stampede.

"Hey, Alice, you should come to our house today," my twin brother, Vali, suggested to our best friend, Alice. He had light-blonde hair and misty gray eyes.

"Oh, that sounds great," she replied, a faint blush on her face. I facepalmed when Vali did not catch a hint. He was dense like that—if you compared the density of him to a blackhole it would be about the same. Well, to be fair, this was in elementary school.

No, it does not get better.

"What do you say, Y/N?" Alice asked.

"Yeah, whatever." I was laid back as usual, my hands behind my head. Alice was my friend first, but then she met Vali and instantly fell in love with him.

I was the third wheel. Yay!

Kill me now.

"Oh wow, here are the group of losers!" a voice said to us.

I turned to the source of the voice, bored.

It was Gabriel, a skinny boy with red hair and the "bully" of the school. He grinned maliciously at us.

"Oh great, the guy who got the bully starter pack on Amazon is here," I yawned dismissively.

"Ooh, are you going to take that?" some guy said. We turned and realized there was a crowd forming.

Gabriel glared at me. "Stop acting so tough. You know I can beat you up!"

I shrugged. "Go ahead. See what happens."

Vali looked at me in a concerned way. "Uh, Y/N, come on, let's just go."

"Aw, the baby is too scared to fight?" Gabriel taunted.

"Shut up, Gabriel! Leave us alone." Alice had an indignant look on her face.

Gabriel smirked, whistling. "Come on hot stuff, don't be like that. You shouldn't hang with these losers."

"Leave her alone!" Vali exclaimed, suddenly protective, holding out one hand in front of Alice. She blushed at the gesture.

"V-Vali?"

"Can you two get anymore cliché?" I muttered.

"Oh, yeah? You're gonna play the hero, huh, Vali?" Gabriel brought his fists up with a grin. "Fine then, let's go."

I tapped Vali's shoulder. "Be realistic, you can't take him."

"You were going to fight him, Y/N!"

"Yeah, but I got a plan. These hands are rated E for Everyone."

"I'm gonna enjoy making your life a living hell!" Gabriel cracked his knuckles. "I'm gonna—"

"You're going do what, Gabriel?"

Gabriel froze with wide eyes when the principle suddenly appeared behind him.

"I'm gonna hug them!" Gabriel said nervously, not daring to meet her eyes.

"We're going to have a long discussion with your parents about your behavior," the principle said sternly. "We don't tolerate bullying here."

"More like he was making a fool out of himself in public," I said under my breath.