Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Meeting New People SUCKS

A mass of highschool kids flocked the entrance, pushing us around constantly. Somehow, I managed to not get separated from Vali and Alice.

"What a drag," I muttered as we tried circumnavigate our way into the school.

"This is what you would expect from a highshool," Vali reasoned.

"Exactly!" Alice said, automatically agreeing with him.

"Right, okay," I rolled my eyes as we continued walking, the piercing shouts of students nearly bursting my eardrums.

Eventually, we managed to finally get into the school. The density of students waned exponentially.

"Oh man, that was hell," I complained as I pulled out my phone and checked out my schedule. "Of course I have math." I sighed dejectedly.

"Ooh, that's rough, Y/N," Vali said sympathetically. "I have English."

"Me too," Alice said excitedly.

"Lucky," I groaned. "Well, I'll see you two at lunch, I guess."

After I left them, I made my way through the unfamiliar school, trying to find my class.

On the way there, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh shit, sorry," I apologized.

The redheaded girl glared at me. "Watch where you're going!"

"Damn, I said I'm sorry," I deadpanned

She looked at me and her glare slowly diffused. "Right, okay."

"Okay?" I was confused as she walked away. What a weird conversation, but alright.

Grumbling to myself, I continued to walk to my class. A bell began to ring, signaling that I was late.

"Of course I'm late on the first day!" I groaned. "Damn the plot."

I was rushing now, streaking through the hallways, circumventing the stragglers.

"Where is it, where is it, where the hell is it!" I repeated, frantically looking from side-to-side, fearing that I'd missed it.

There it was! I spotted the classroom, but I was running at full speed, so I nearly crashed into the pillar in front of me. I had to sidestep and ended up tripping, falling on my face.

"Ow, fuck," I groaned, dazed. I stood up, hoping that no one saw that. "It's been ten minutes, how has everything gone to shit so quickly?"

I sighed and finally walked into the classroom.

The teacher raised one eyebrow, pausing whatever he was saying. "Late on the first day, eh? I sure hope you're not going to make this a habit."

"It's the first day; I got lost," I said irritably.