Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Of Course it had to Be Me
We were all sitting together at lunch like usual.

Layla had begun to sit with us ever since we hung out at her house.

"Huh?!" Layla exclaimed, her eyes on her phone.

"What happened?" Vali asked, concerned.

"The results of the School Beauties Votes are out now," she explained, still in a daze.

"That's seriously what they call it?" I asked, idly scrolling through Wattpad.

"Who won?" Alice asked, perking up.

"Well..." Layla slid over her phone and we all curiously peeked at the screen.

"Huh?! No one won?" Evelyn gasped.

"It says here there were too many votes and they couldn't select a winner," Trinity read out loud. "So they gave a list of the top voted... And we're all on here!"

"That literally makes no sense, but okay," I said.

Trinity frowned as she saw something. "You entered, Layla?"

Layla flushed with embarrassment. "Well, I guess I wanted to try it out..."

"Well, I'm not surprised you got selected," Vali said kindly.

Layla smiled at him, but not in the same way the other girls did. "Thanks, Vali." Huh, so there was someone that wasn't suckered. Not yet, at least.

"So what was the point of the vote?" Alice asked.

"They want to make a collage or something to compete with other schools," I responded, still focused on my phone. "Apparently it's some sort of project the school is doing."

"Oh, so they'll be taking pictures of us?" Evelyn asked nervously.

"How do I look, Vali?' Alice leaned closer with a sly smile. "Photo-ready?"

"By the way, who did you vote for?" Evelyn also came closer to him, eyes sparkling.

"It better have been me!" Trinity exclaimed with the same fire as the other three.

I sighed. "And it begins again."

While the three girls were competing for his attention, Vali blushed and looked demure. He fumbled with his words.

Layla whispered. "He has an entire harem. It's almost like he's the Main Character."

I stared at her.

"What?"

"You're aware of it, too, then?" I cracked a smile.

"Are you jealous of him?" Layla asked, genuinely curious.

"Nah, being chased my multiple girls just sounds like a pain in the ass."

"Fair enough," Layla shrugged. "Want to keep playing that Roblox FNAF game we started playing yesterday?'

"Forgotten Memories? Yeah, sure," I agreed. The two of us commonly game together.

Sometimes Vali joins us, if he is not busy with ten million calls from his batch of love interests.

The rest of the day went by normally.

***

At home, I was calling and playing with Layla , as was common since she joined the friend group. Like we said before, we were playing Forgotten Memories, an actual really good Roblox FNAF game..