Fear of invitation.

Hello reader! I don't have much to say on this one but I really hope that anyone who reads this enjoys it. I'm trying to get better at writing so I hope you all see the improvement. Enjoy the chapter! 😁

—————————————————————————

Zach paced back and forth in his bedroom, his anxiousness more potent by the minute, talking yo himself. "DidtheyforgetDidtheyforgetDidtheyforget......did I fail!" It had been close to two weeks since the practical exams, and........nothing. Not a single letter, not even a letter of rejection. Zach felt his heart pounding in his chest like a Hawaiian drum. He felt the recoil in his throat and the excitement and fear was overwhelming.

Reya knocked at the door with a soft tap. "Hey, little brother, you ok in there?" Zach snapped out of his worried trance and opened the door, answering her question. "Y-yea. Yea, I'm fine." He walked back over at his desk and slumped in his gaming chair him foster parents bought him last Christmas. Reya walked in and sat on his bed. "Well, ya know, there are plenty of jobs you can get other than Pro hero work." Zach looked up at her, mostly confused. "What? But... shouldn't I keep trying?" Zach said confused. Reya replied "Of course, but are you gonna spend your best years trying to get into a school? I wouldn't, that's for sure." She got up and walked to the door and stopped before leaving. "All I'm saying is....maybe think about a different career little brother."

Zach was stricken by her statement. His mind started racing. Am I good enough to be a hero? Why would she say that? Is she right? He shook his head to snap himself out of it. He turned his chair around and started finishing the drawing of his hero costume. His costume was drawn as a man in a motorcycle suit and a motorcycle helmet like Zach had wanted when he was little. The suit had silver lines down the front and back as well as down the sides of the arms and legs. The helmet had lights that would enhance his quirk as well as add some light to all the dark colors.

As Zach drew up some of the finishing touches. As he does his father barges into his room, starling Zach. His dad looked nearly out of breath and was holding a small letter in his hand, holding it up as he continued to catch his breath. Zach looked at the letter for a few seconds before taking it from his father's hand. Zach reads over the front of the envelope, his eyes widening as he read.
The envelope read:

U.A. High School

Zach's heart began to race, but his excitement started to wane as he realized it could be a rejection letter. "Do you mind if I look at this on my own?" Zach asked his father, still standing there. His father nodded and walked out, gently closing the door. Zach sits at his deck and looks at the letter, his mind going crazy as he reruns what could be in this envelope. Did I get in? Did I get rejected? Why is it so hard to open this stupid piece of paper! After a few minutes of internal debate, Zach finally takes the envelope and was surprised by a little hockey puck-like thing inside. He picks it up the small puck, as he does it starts to glow, making Zach drop it on the floor so it lights up his room. A huge projection appears of the pro hero, All Might, in a gold suit. Soon after he spoke.

"I AM HERE! As a projection! Hello young Zorico! My apologies for the delay on your letter. It seems that we had sent your letter to the wrong address. Please accept my utmost apologies." Zach couldn't believe what he was seeing or hearing. They sent my letter to the wrong address? All Might continued. "Due to the delay classes were already formed" Zach's heart sank, the words hit him hard, he stared at the floor in defeat and disbelief as the projection continued. "Although, you get fifty eight points and thirty seven rescue points in the practical exam and a B+ in the write exam! So, with that being said....YOU ARE BEING ADDED TO THE HERO COURSE! WELCOME THE HERO ACADEMIA!" The message had ended, yet Zach's heart continued to race. His excitement finally exploded out all at once. "YES!!! Yes! I did it!" Zach shouted, running out of his room and out to the common room where his family was watching TV.

"I did it! I did it! I did it! I got in! I got in the hero course!!!" Zach jumped up and down with elation as his foster parents got up and hugged his with Reya joining in a moment after. "Congratulations kiddo!" His father replied, his classic one side smile showing brighter than ever. "We're so proud of you Zachy" his mother spoke while wrapping him in a bear hug. "Don't let it get to your head too much, you're still my little brother. But good job Z." Reya smiled with a grin that Zach had never seen before. Once Zach pried himself from his foster mother's grip he spoke with a potent excitement filling his words. "Thank all of you too! If it wasn't for you, I don't know where I'd be." He gave them all a hug. After a little celebration involving a lot of ice cream, a movie about All Might and some bad karaoke from Zach's father, he plopped down on his bed, his thoughts focused on what U.A. would be like.
He thoughts on replaying what could happen till those thoughts drifted him off to sleep.

I finally made it

—————————————————————————