Treasure Trove

"Look, I know it seems hard right now, but you have to do this. My future happiness rests solely on your shoulders. Now, are you ready?" Cassie's dark eyes stared deep into the ocean-blue eyes of Gilzean... well, it was more of an attempt on her part, since baby Gil had the attention span of a brain-damaged troll. "I bet your momma that you'd do this within a month, so don't you dare make me lose this. Now," Cassie shuffled back in her squatted position, putting enough distance between herself and the babbling child. "Let's start walking."

It had been around two weeks since Cassie's feud with Harry had been put to rest. After her incident with him on the ship, in which he'd gleefully told her that Mad Maddy would begin a pursuit, everything had simmered down quite quickly. Since Harry had woken and his wounds had healed, Uma had allowed the little cat to finally leave the pirate territory and return to Helena's salon. Unfortunately for Cassie the Queen of Hearts had only been informed of her well-being through Gil, who wasn't entirely the best with words and explanations, and so the little cat earned a long-winded scolding from her friend the moment she stepped foot in the salon. Despite Cassie's frequent apologies, Helena refused to speak to her for at least three days, which only ended because the Heart girl was dying to know exactly what went down with Uma and the pirates.

After a very lengthy discussion involving Harry, Cassie's secret 'talent', and her worry over Mad Maddy's intentions, Helena hadn't exactly helped the little cat ease her mind. If anything she'd made it worse.

"I mean, he isn't wrong," the Heart girl had admitted. "When Maddy sees something she likes, there isn't much you can do about it."

"Well, thanks," the little cat had deadpanned.

"Maddy's bat-shit crazy, but she's smart too, there's a reason she's in charge. She already has everyone she needs for a powerful crew, so there's nowhere for you to be squeezed in. She might hang around you for a while but I don't think you're in any actual danger, just amuse her until she gets bored. It's that easy."

While Cassie knew there was something about Mad Maddy that pulled her in, she'd thankfully realised that - for once - her impulsive nature and rational thought seemed to be running on the same track this time. Both agreed that Maddy would be the worst idea she could ever make, and that thought alone kept her from seeking out the green-haired witch.

However, despite the agreement that Maddy was bad news, Cassie's inner cravings had begun stirring up once more. It was similar to an itch, an irritating tickling wreaking havoc inside her head. It seemed her brain was trying to tell her that there was something she was supposed to be doing, but she couldn't for the life of her figure out what it was.

Thankfully, the little cat happened to be very in tune with her frantic mind, and it didn't take long for her to realise what the problem was. In truth, she felt like the Isle's biggest moron for not clocking it sooner. It was very simple, actually.

She was bored.

It didn't exactly come as a great surprise, though it did have Cassie questioning her sanity once again. Of course, she was bored. For almost two months now she'd been under a lot of stress, only pushed on by an unbearable will to live and the temptation of driving a certain hook-handed individual crazy. She'd had numerous threats to her life and put herself in plenty of stupid situations that she had no business being in. She'd been robbed, beaten more times than she could count, and forced to confront her sexuality. To put it rather simply, she'd had more excitement in those two months than she'd ever experienced in her life before it.

Cassie had hoped that her friendship with Helena, and Gil over the last two weeks, had replaced her former urges to find 'special things'. It had, in some way. She had a safe place to stay, enough food to keep her healthy and content, and her hair had never been more beautiful. Despite having everything she'd ever wanted, something was still missing.