We Ride With The Tide

Warnings;
. Angst.
. Swearing.
. Bloody Games? I don't know.

For a small moment, everything was deathly quiet. Cassie didn't move - not that she could have if she wanted to, her hands were still bound together after all. But even then a tiny fraction of her kept her feet firmly planted against the floor. She could only assume it was her reigning stubbornness that kept her there, but she also put it down to the risk of Harry killing her if she even attempted to run. There was also the fact that Gil was perched just outside, and Cassie knew full well that - if Harry gave the demand, the blonde-haired pirate would toss her over his shoulder and bring her right back into the diner.

Her terms were still being processed, it seemed. Harry hadn't said a word since she made her offer, and she knew he was thinking it over. Truthfully she thought it a little stupid of her to willingly surrender herself and her secrets, all for the sake of a small game of 'Red Hands'. But she had to remind herself that this was more than that. If he did win he'd have her, and all of the issues she had securely tied to her shoulders, and though she hated the idea of relinquishing her truths to him her abilities and 'secrets' couldn't be of much use to any of the pirates, much less Harry himself.

But if she won this game, then she had her freedom back. She'd be able to home to her den, and she wouldn't be forced to spend another minute in their dreadful cells. Plus, the idea of her winning something he was so good at...well, it'd surely piss him off, and that idea was much too tempting for her to give it up.

"Ya hear that, Uma?!" Harry called loudly, sucking his bottom lip into his mouth as he eyed the girl in front of him.

"Oh, I heard."

Cassie frowned, her dark eyes wandering across the room to see the Captain walking in. She must have been hiding back there all this time, and the worst thing of all was that she most likely heard everything between Cassie and Harry only a few minutes ago.

"I tried to do it yar way," Harry said with a small shrug, turning to face his Captain.

"Oh, I heard," Uma replied, a small flicker of disgust crossing her features, and Cassie couldn't help but blush at that.

"So," the little cat spoke up, the overwhelming urge to sway them away from the earlier 'occurrence' growing larger with each passing second. "Do you accept?" She looked directly at Harry, though her gaze occasionally flickered toward the smaller girl beside him.

Uma and Harry turned to face each other, the two pirates having some kind of silent conversation that Cassie could barely stand to watch. She felt uncomfortable in some way, like she'd just walked in on the two doing something much more intimate. But it didn't last long, and soon enough Uma gave Harry a small nod, though the disapproval and annoyance the Captain expressed wasn't lost on the little cat.

"I accept," Harry agreed. He swayed on his feet and walked towards the table he'd been sat against earlier, falling into the chair. Uma went the same way, though she stayed on her feet and hopped up to sit on the table next to Harry's.

Since they hadn't told her otherwise, Cassie followed the two. But when she was close enough, a harsh 'screech' echoed through the diner, and she was quick to intercept the chair Harry had kicked towards her legs, a small growl forming in her throat as she moved to sit down on the opposite side of him.

"Ya got good reflexes, little kitty," he said with a smirk, shuffling his chair closer to the table. "But are they good enough?"

Cassie rolled her eyes and moved her chair, resting her elbows atop the table as soon as she was settled in.

"Okay, rules," Uma huffed. "You flinch, Harry wins. You move your hands when he hasn't moved his, Harry wins. And no tricks either, you move or you don't. Got it?" Cassie gave a small nod. "Good. Now, terms."