Daddy Issues

Quick Warning;
. Swearing
.
Violence-ish? Nothing too graphic. But the intent is there.

Cassie realised quickly that getting into his room had been way too easy, and in her mind, she relentlessly scolded herself for not having seen it sooner. All the other doors had been locked tight; All except his. And though she felt greatly annoyed at being bested by a pirate, she had to admit he was quite the clever one.

She quickly glanced at the open door behind him, knowing full well that - if she was lucky enough to somehow catch him off guard, she could slip past and be on her way. She didn't want to fight him, and if she could spare herself from doing so then she would. All she wanted to do now was go back home, but if she had to throw a few to stay alive then she was more than willing to do so.

The pirate in front of her didn't move, and for that fact alone Cassie was slightly grateful. He kept his distance, standing tall and unmoving from his spot close to the door. His eyes slowly scrutinized her from head to toe, a small and thoughtful frown on his face as he debated whether or not she posed a large threat to him.

When his gaze narrowed in on the pocket watch around her neck, Cassie clasped the charm tight in her right hand, hiding it from his view. And as soon as she did so his eyes snapped up to meet hers. She hardened her gaze and he tilted his head in slight intrigue, his eyes glancing between her own and the object she grasped in her hand.

'Mine.'

She didn't have to say it out loud for him to get the idea. The glare on her face and the whitening of her knuckles around the charm spoke volumes. The 'special thing' might have been his only minutes ago but now it was hers; All hers. And she wasn't giving it up for anything.

The pirate in front of her stared back, his glare almost mirroring hers precisely. He raised his chin and dropped his arms to his sides, his shoulders back and chest pushed out in a rather overdramatic display of strength. He was showing her that - between the two of them, he was the biggest in the room right now and there was no way she could match up to him.

Even in her human form, Cassie always relied on body language to make her decisions. Soft and soothing voices didn't mean anything to her, especially if they had evil intentions - which the majority of the Isle possessed when it came to her. She wouldn't dare go anywhere near someone if she thought for one second that they were a threat. After all, she was rather small in her feline state and she could never attempt to win a fight with a rather large person. But even in her human form she was small, and though her slender body and short stature helped her hide, it didn't quite help her when she had to seem somewhat threatening.

In a matter of seconds this pirate had shown her that he was the dominant one between them and that he would be the one to win if she had to fight her way out. And - much to her annoyance, she knew it was true.

When Cassie gave a small pout of displeasure, the pirate smirked widely. He kept his posture straight and took a step forward, only to stop and give a small chuckle as Cassie growled a small warning. It wasn't exactly as threatening as it would have been while she was in her cat form, but it got her point across.

"Now that that's out of the way," the pirate muttered, "who exactly are ya?"

Cassie kept her mouth shut and she crossed her arms, her brows raised as she refused to answer his question. This man didn't need to know her name or who she was. He didn't need to know anything. And she had no desire to tell him either.

"Not much of a talker, are ya?" he wondered, noting her slight defiance. "Well then, if ya won' tell me who ya are, then tell me what ya're doin' on my ship."