Double-Edged Sword

Warnings;
. Swearing
. Angst
.
Violence toward the end

Cassie's moment of relief and slight self-pride was short-lived, the uncomfortable weight of exactly what she'd just done coming down on her shoulders with a wave of dread. Knocking him out had been her only option, and she knew that with certainty. However, the brutal war between herself and the hooked pirate would - if her guess was right, only ever end with one of them at the bottom of the ocean. And since she had no desire to kill anyone tonight, the chances of Harry doubling his efforts to find her after he woke up were inevitable, and she worried greatly over the thought of what he would do when he - eventually, found her again.

"Oh shit," the little cat muttered, fretfully toying with the edges of her hair as she stared down at the unconscious pirate. He was clearly out of it, with no obvious signs of waking soon, but Cassie had been knocked out herself and - once she thought back on that painful occurrence, the memory of how long it took her to come around forced its way into the centre of her mind.

Cassie inhaled a deep breath and released, attempting to soothe her frantic mind as she rushed to search her hideaway for anything remotely close to a piece of rope. If she was right, which she hoped she was, she had an hour or two before he woke up. And since she had no intention of being present when Harry eventually did wake, she had to tie him down fast.

The little cat moved quickly, her steps hurried and - much to Cassie's embarrassment, clumsy. For someone usually so graceful on her feet, the worrisome thoughts of what could happen if Harry woke up before she had a chance to keep him rooted in one place turned her into a bit of a klutz.

When the fact that she had nothing to tie him with settled into the little cat's mind, she decided to get a little creative. It meant sacrificing one or two of her blankets, but her need to stay alive and unharmed overrode the usual desire to snuggle into a nice and warm nook at night, and so she got to the task of tearing apart her blankets until she had numerous strips of fabric, knowing full well it would take more than one piece to keep Harry securely tied down.

Now came the hard part.

Cassie's hideaway was - in the plainest terms, an attic. It hadn't been built to house anyone like the other rooms down below, so the large wooden beams and numerous pipes trailing along the walls and floor were bare and - much to the little cat's luck, suitable for holding someone against their will.

Cassie carefully moved back toward the sleeping pirate, nudging his chest with her foot to ensure he was still out cold. And only when she was safely satisfied that he wasn't waking up did she put her plan in motion.

"C'mon girl, you can do this," she muttered with forced reassurance, stepping towards Harry's head and leaning down, her slender fingers wrapping around Harry's right wrist.

Her decision on exactly where she was going to tie him up hadn't been a split-second thought. The pipes in the room were thick but rusted, and too much pressure and force against them would cause them to crumble and break. It had to be one of the beams, and Cassie had no problem using every ounce of her strength to get the pirate where she needed him to be.

The plan was short and simple, though the reality of it all was much different.

"Damn it, Harry," Cassie cursed, tossing her hair over her shoulder as she strained to drag him to the other side of the room. He was tall and muscular, two problems on their own let alone together, and if his heavy weight was anything to go by then Cassie could safely assume he was well fed over on his side of the Isle.

By the time the little cat got him to her selected beam, droplets of sweat were running down her face and neck. All she had to do now was prop him up against the large and sturdy piece of wood and get his wrists tied, a task she soon found was much easier than dragging him across the damned floor.