tests and talks

~ 3rd Person ~
📍Romano Clinic
July 19th, 2012
9:00 A.M. 

The clinic itself wasn't as bad as she thought it would be; the walls were painted a forest green, not the usual white; the atmosphere wasn't suffocating like she expected it to be, it was quite calm. There were a few nurses, both men and women, scattered across the open area talking or working on the computers.

She had already changed herself into the provided dress-thing. She felt quite exposed with the open back, only wearing her underwear and bra beneath it - as a nurse instructed her. Rora was dressed in her outfit of the day: a cute sage green top and black pants. No one had told her if Rora needed to be changed and there were no clothes given for her, so she wasn't going to make her. In fact, she would rather her daughter not have to be undressed, even if it was for medical reasons, but she did want them to ensure Rora was in good health.

She had taken many measurements to ensure not even a hair on Rora's head was ever harmed by anyone in Greenland, and she along with Nuka had read up as much as they could on newborn to toddler health and development. They didn't spend much time researching past age 4 because Giada had planned for them to be long gone by then and hopefully have better access to healthcare. Now she did, she supposed.

Giada was sitting all the way up on the cushioned doctor's table/bed thing in the corner of the room, her back against the wall and her legs folded under her. Rora was playing with her favorite toys, a set of colorful wooden carved animals, slightly faded by now due to the constant use, with her blanket crumpled around her.

Ambra was sitting in the chair beside them, content with just watching her daughter and granddaughter. It was curious to her, the way that Giada was so tuned in to Rora's every move. Like she couldn't stand to have her out of sight; not knowing what was going on. Ambra understood. Perhaps better than anyone else.

A few moments later Rocco came in, smiling softly at the sight of his little sister and niece. He was glad that his sister seemed comfortable around their mother, it seemed like a good sign to him that she was willing to open herself up to someone in the family. Not to mention how obviously close Giada was getting with Viz; it only seemed right that the first person she would trust out of all of them was her own twin. God only knew how much Viz had missed her over the years. Even if he didn't have that long with her, to begin with, there was always something special about the twins born into the Romano family; they always had an incomparable bond with one another, and apparently their time spent apart didn't impact it all that much.

He went and sat on the rolly stool - one of his favorite parts of the job if he was being honest - and looked up from the blank charts he had on the clipboard. Since there were practically no medical records attached to Giada, he had to start from scratch.

"So, because your medical records are non-existent, I would like to do a full workup; blood tests, and some scans," he rolled a little closer to his sister, "just to make sure we know the full extent of your injuries and can treat them accordingly."

Ambra had moved her chair right beside her daughter's bed, hand holding her own. She knew this would be uncomfortable for her and she wanted to be there as much as she could.

"And for Rora?"

"You told me that the abuse never reached her, which I believe, but just to be sure and to start her medical file, I would like to do a general checkup; reflexes, blood test, measurements, screening, immunization shots, and if anything raises concern we'll go from there." He looked between the youngest mother-daughter duo in the room, seeing his sister's discomfort, "Everything will be done in here, and you can stop me at any time, alright?"