24 - Omoi

A/N: 3/8 chapters (30 Oct - 3 Dec)

CW: NSFW, suicidal ideation

***

"Where are you going?"

"She looked upset."

Rei nuzzled her neck. "That human will be okay. Stay here with me." His hands began to roam her body.

"I think I'd like to check on her first." Eitsu peeled his hands off her and rolled away. "I'll be back."

"Why?" Rei's light brown eye was fixed on her.

"Why what?"

"Why are you following her? Who is she to you?"

Eitsu blinked. "Good question. Why do I want to follow her?"

Rei smiled crookedly. He leaned against her bare leg, stroking her calf and planting light kisses on her thigh. "Stay..."

His hand lightly pushed at the back of her knee and she folded back into his arms. Holding her tightly, he hungrily kissed her neck again, hands sliding between her legs. "Hm... Your thighs are still sticky..."

She closed her eyes, feeling him pressed up against her. He lifted her slightly so he could push his way back inside, his tongue caressing her ear. She shivered as she felt him enter, arching her spine.

"Mm... but..."

"Eitsu, stay."

"... How do you know that name?"

She hadn't really meant much by it. It was her name after all, and Tsubaki seemed to know it as well, yet Rei froze and the world seemed to hold its breath. His arms grew tighter around her.

"... Is that so important?"

"Apparently it is. What was with that reaction?"

"Aren't we a little... occupied with something else right now?" he murmured warmly in her ear.

"We won't be if you pull your dick out right now."

"What if I don't want to?" He rolled forwards, pressing her against the cold ground from behind.

"Are you really going to be like this? I thought kitsune were supposed to be good at seduction. You're going to use force?"

"And how do you know that? Doesn't that seem suspicious too?"

"And why would that be? It's common knowledge, isn't it? Not like my name."

Rei continued to move within her as if they were not currently having a fraught conversation. Eitsu's hands and knees were freezing, but her back was beaded with perspiration. She squeezed tight and straightened her legs, drawing a huge shudder and gasp from Rei. Barely pausing, she slipped out from under him, transforming midway into the little fawn-coloured cat. She had barely taken a few steps when a huge, clawed hand descended on her, cutting off her escape.

"You think you can run from a kitsune?"

Forget about running, she couldn't even turn to look behind her. A long claw dug into the ground either side of her neck, and she could feel two others against her sides.

"Wow. You're a disgrace to your kind. Who taught you to 'seduce' this way? Your father? Your mother?"

The claws dug down suddenly, forcing Eitsu flat to the cold ground. She struggled to breathe."Are you a cat or a fox? What are you playing with your prey for? Pluck my fur out, chew my stomach open."

To her surprise, the claws relaxed a little.

"I won't kill you."

"Why not?" Eitsu asked, as casually as she possibly could given the circumstances.