happy endings

Chloe thought about Evan every day too; when her roommate would put the celebrity gossip show on, she would half listen in case they mentioned his name. Every time they mentioned it though, her heart seemed to break more since it always included some new detail about his wedding. She knew she shouldn’t care anymore; after all, she wasn’t his wife anymore and he wouldn’t want anything to do with her, she would go back to being the girl from childhood he once loved.

Love. He had told her he had loved her that night. She loved the way he said her name. She could even hear him say it in her head sometimes, along with I love you.

“Chloe, open up, it’s me, Evan,” shouted Evan banging on her door. Chloe looked at her roommate Annie, who was smiling from ear to ear and mouthing for Chloe to get the door. Chloe just rolled her eyes and opened it. “Evan, what are you doing here?” asked Chloe.

“I came to tell you I love you,” said Evan.

Chloe began to close the door, “NO I won’t get my heart broken again.”

Evan stopped the door from closing, “Please, Chloe just listen to me, Erica was lying, she wasn’t pregnant, she just said it to break us apart.”

“Well she certainly succeeded in that,” said Chloe.

“Once she told me the truth, I called off the wedding, and told her we were over,” said Evan moving closer into the room. “But the thing about the wedding was that it would have never been able to go through.”

“And why is that? I signed the divorce papers,” said Chloe crossing her arms.

“But I didn’t,” said Evan. Chloe dropped her arms and stared at him in disbelief. “We’re still married?” asked Chloe.

“Yes, but,” said Evan getting down on one knee, “I never asked you to marry me properly. I know we were kids when we got married, and our parents had let us for the wrong reason, but I think now that it was good that they did, that they gave us a gift, because I think they knew that we would be together anyway. I love you Chloe, from the day I met you when we were young, to the day I asked you to marry me at six.”

Chloe began to cry, “And what about after you married me?”

“I loved you even more. I may have forgotten about it in my head, but my heart never forgot that I love you. I’m asking you now, Chloe, will you be my wife?” Evan said still on one knee.

Chloe smiled while she cried, “Of course I will.” Evan jumped up and hugged her and kissed her. The kiss didn’t last long though, since Chloe pulled away and ran to the bathroom.

“Chloe, are you okay?” asked Evan. He could hear her throwing up.

“Yeah, I’m fine; I’ll just be out in a minute.” Chloe opened the door, her face slightly pale. “What did you eat?”

Evan looked at her confused, “I had chicken ranch sandwich on the way here.”

“That’s it; the ranch was what made me sick,” said Chloe. Evan hugged her to make her feel better. “Um, not to be mean or anything, but have you already gained the Freshman 15?” asked Evan.

Chloe shrugged, “Yeah, I guess, I’ve been so busy with classes, that I always just grab something quick to eat.”

Evan relaxed and hugged her again, “Good, I was worried that you might be pregnant,” said Evan.

“What would make you say that I’m pregnant?” asked Chloe.

“Well, you know, getting sick to certain smells and gaining weight around your middle. But you would know if you were pregnant because of your, you know,” said Evan sighing away. Chloe looked at him confused, trying to figure out what he was saying. Once she did she started to think about, counting back the days, “And what if I was?” she asked.

“I wouldn’t mind at all, at least I’d be having a child with the woman I love whose already my wife,” said Evan smiling at her and holding her.

“Good, because lucky for you, you get the whole package,” said Chloe.

“The whole package?” asked Evan.

“Yes, you get a wife,” said Chloe giving him one kiss on the cheek, “you get my love,” she said placing another kiss on the other cheek, “and you get a family,” she said placing a kiss on his lips. As she kissed him, she moved his hand to the front of her stomach, “I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant,” she whispered in his ear, “and I’ve already got you so I don’t need to make it up.”

Evan smiled at Chloe when she pulled away, “Then I am the luckiest man on Earth.”

Chloe continued college to finish the classes she had already began but then decided to take some time off from school to focus on the baby and adjusting to being Evan’s wife. The press went crazy when news leaked out that the wedding of Erica and Evan was called off because the divorce never went through and Evan decided to go back to Chloe. Some papers were calling Chloe and Evan a cuter couple. Just as news about Chloe and Evan staying together started to die down, they decided to tell everyone they were also expecting, getting the presses to run their stories sooner rather than later. Erica never contacted Evan nor Chloe again, she had seemed to drop off the radar of the acting scene, but someone had told them that she was settling down with an ex-boyfriend of hers from town. Evan and Chloe decided to buy a nice normal house outside the city, trying to live as quiet of lives they could, even though Evan continued to act. They had a baby girl which they named Destiny, in honor of their love.

A/N Sorry this story sems to sort of end quickly, I kind of ran out of energy at the end, plus my characters didn't really give me a good ending. Anyway, thank you for holding out on me for this, it took a long time with everything that happened over the last year, please keep watching out for me in case I place a new story up (I've got plenty in my head)