◕-Unfulfilled Promises- Scaramouche

featuring:- fatui!Scaramouche, gn!reader (pronouns not used anywhere)
warnings:- angst, hurt/no comfort, major character death

wc:-1.2k

Why?

Why did you keep doing it?

Why did you keep pursuing him?

Why did you find a way to make him feel like his heart was beating?

And at the end, why did you leave him again, like everyone else?

******

The Fatui Harbingers. Most feared across Tevyat, loyal puppets of the Tsaritsa, people who have dedicated their entire life to their God. Well, all except for one.

Scaramouche was only in it for the Electro Archon's gnosis. That was the sole reason he joined the Fatui. He wanted the Gnosis, no, he needed it. Scaramouche, who had shut off his inner, real self from the rest of the world, Scaramouche, who had serious anger issues, Scaramouche, who believed he was the boss. Any sane person would take one look at him and run in the opposite direction if they could. His own subordinates were terrified of him.

'So were you not sane then?' he often wondered. Why did you look at him with that gentle understanding etched on your face? Why did you not run away the moment you saw him? Why did you continue to stick by his side?