◔-At the Border- Pt II- Xiao

featuring:- Xiao, fem!adeptus reader
warnings:- hurt/comfort, angst, happy ending, brief kiss
a/n:-
one of my older works again don't mind and gosh i can already feel the cringe in this chapter- as always, votes and comments are very much appreciated <3

wc:- 2k

You were feeling more peaceful than you had felt in centuries as you saw a growing light in front of you

You were feeling more peaceful than you had felt in centuries as you saw a growing light in front of you. The light seemed to be coming from beyond a glass door of sorts. There were silhouettes of four figures on the other side. You smiled happily to yourself as you got closer because you recognised them, very well. Your family, your four siblings that you hadn't seen since they died. The four yakshas who died doing their duty, having given in to the curses of their karmas. Well, technically, they weren't your family by blood, because you belonged to a different race of yakshas, but since you'd been abandoned somewhere in the forest as a child, they found you, and took you in as their unofficial sister. You were forever grateful for that.

The pyro yaksha, Indarias, smiled proudly at you. "Ah Y/N, look at you. It's been so long since we've last seen you, and you've made us so proud. You've matured so much." The geo one, Menogias, piped up, "Yeah, exactly! I still can't help but remember you as the young yaksha who's arrival meant complete annihilation of everything." The others laughed and you covered your burning cheeks. Not even two minutes into meeting, and you were already being teased. You defended yourself. "Hey come on now, don't remind me, that was aaaaages ago!" you exclaimed. "Alright, alright." The electro one, Bosascius, chuckled. "But are you sure you wanna cross over? Once you come, there is no going back." Bonanus said. You shrugged. "What's holding me back? There's nothing but pain and suffering left for me there anyways." Bonanus shook her head sadly. "That's not true and you know it." She had a wistful smile as she leant her head on the glass. You did the same, and your eyes widened as a multitude of memories flashed through your mind.