✿◔- First Love, Last Love- Ayato

featuring:- Kamisato Ayato, gn!reader, Yae Miko (briefly)
warnings:- jealousy, thats it really

wc:- 1.2k

"Hah. That was quite the rookie mistake you made there, [Y/N]." Your boyfriend remarked as he killed one of your cards, making you lean back in frustration. "Archons, couldn't you have spared me for once! I'm starting to think you know all my strategies by heart." "Perhaps I do." The man in front of you chuckled, making you frown. "Welp, time to make a new deck." You sighed. "I've heard that Archon cards and a Xiao card might come out soon. You can bet I'll make an amazing deck with those cards." "I've heard that a Yae Miko card is here too. That could be interesting too, you could use that." "Hmph, No thank you. I have a personal grudge against that lady." He merely chuckled again as he made his next move, winning the TCG match.

Ah yes, your boyfriend. None other than the Yashiro Commissioner, Kamisato Ayato. You two had met, when you had shown up to prevent an assasination attempt, not knowing that the target was Ayato himself. You got the opportunity to fight against him, after which you apologised for just showing up since you had received some inside intel about the attempt. After that, for some reason, you two just kept bumping into each other, and soon you both grew a liking to each other. Two years later, you were already dating.

It was beautiful. Despite the busy life of the head of the Yashiro Commission, Ayato never treated you as a burden on his busy schedule. In fact, he very clearly separated out time from his schedule on a daily basis for his lovely significant other, aka you. You both always treasured dearly the time you two spent together.

As you both were about to start another match, one of his servants stepped in politely. "Lord Kamisato, I apologise for the intrusion, but we have a guest waiting for you inside. Lady Yae has come all the way down the Narukami Shrine, and she wishes to talk to you." "Can't it wait?" Ayato frowned. "I'm afraid not, sir. She has already come from a while, and seems to be getting impatient." Ayato sighed in resignation. "Alright. Bring her in." Moments later, that goddamn kitsune walked in, arms crossed, with a plotting, mischievous smile on her face.

"My my, Kamisato, you sure know how to make a lady wait. Oh, and hello, dear [Y/N]. Pardon the intrusion, but I'd like to speak to Ayato here." "Go on, I'm not stopping you, am I?" You replied back, irked. "Ah, so could you leave? You know, I'd like to speak to him alone."

Gods, this crafty witch sure knew how to make you mad. First she barges in on your alone time with your boyfriend, then demands to speak with your boyfriend alone, kicking you out when she's the outsider here? You restrained the urge to punch her pretty face, because it would bring a bad name to Ayato, instead bitterly walking past her out of the room, giving her an exclusive death stare. She had the nerve to smirk back.

Well, she wanted to talk to Ayato alone, but she never did forbid me from eavesdropping, did she? So you closed the door behind you, leaving only a sliver open, through which you could peek in. And when she spoke what she wanted to, your blood boiled.

"Say, Kamisato, I've been thinking. We've known each other almost our entire lives. What if we were to get in an official relationship? Despite its good stature, you cannot deny that the Yashiro Commission is still in a sticky situation, also severly understaffed. The constant assassination attempts mustn't be making it any easier. If we were to date, it would affiliate the shrine with the Commission. With the backing of the Grand Narukami Shrine, no one would dare to touch the Yashiro Commission. Quite advantageous for both of us, don't you think?"

How dare she? How dare she? Propose this by kicking YOU, his s/o out, in OUR alone time? The sheer nerve and audacity! But then a thought entered your mind. What if she was right?

Your clan wasn't that well-known. You knew that many eyebrows had been raised when you two came out with your relationship. It would certainly be better for Ayato to be with Yae instead, because everyone knew the power her position, and very name itself held. With her in the picture, definitely no one would dare to even lay a finger on the Yashiro Commission. And Ayato's next words shocked you.

"What's in it for you, I wonder." He mused.

Your breath hitched. The fact that Ayato seemed to be actually considering this... You couldn't hear any more. You quickly left, choosing to go down to the nearby beach alone to sort out your thoughts. You didn't bother telling anyone. They do say that curiosity kills the cat.

Had everyone else in the Commission been thinking the same thing? Had they been secretly gossipping about you behind your back? You should talk to Ayato about this tomorrow. And then you would get yourself out of the picture, for Ayato's sake. You'd have to leave, to make way for that kitsune, for Ayato. You just....

As you walked along the beach, wrapped in your thoughts, evening changed into night. You seemed to have walked a long way. Tired, you plopped down onto a big rock, staring at the stars. The stars that people said decided someone's fate..

You would be lying if you said you weren't jealous of Yae Miko. She was literally perfect in every way. Flawless appearance, incredible power, appealing personality, everything someone could ever want in a lady. What were you even compared to her?

"Dear, dear me, Who is this 'her' you speak of?" A voice spoke behind you, scaring the living daylights out of you. Or living nightlights, whatever.

"Ayato?? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be talking to- to her..?" You asked, your voice breaking a tiny bit in the end. Of course, Ayato noticed. "That was hours ago, love?" He said simply. "I've been searching for you since. You know, since you just disappeared without any note whatsoever. You had me worried. Now, you seem to have a lot on your mind. Who is this her you speak of?" When you didn't respond, he took a guess. "Surely you're not referring to Miko, are you?" You responded in a small voice. "I.. I heard." You mumbled.

He immediately understood. "Ah, I see. My my, someone's gotten jealous." He chuckled. "No, it isn't that." You said hurriedly. "It's that... Maybe she is right. It would be better for everyone if you two were together, instead of us."

That stopped him short. "...You say you hear, but you clearly didn't hear everything. Or you would have heard that I immediately rejected her proposal. I don't want to be with someone I don't love, [Y/N]. So drive your worries away, darling. Because you?" He put a hand on his heart, showing a rare sincerity. "You're my first love, dear, and I promise you'll be my last."

(a/n- Thanks for reading and the support on this book! Also, I'd really appreciate it if you guys voted if you liked this story <333 )