Chapter 2

Matthew's POV

I got off the bus, and walked up the stairs into Cloverville High School, with the American and Massachusetts state flag located outside by the entrance. I was greeted by the usual chatter of teens, flooding the hallway with lockers on both sides.

I opened my locker, and put my coat inside. Then, I heard a voice that was totally unfamiliar in this school. "Hey, stop it!"

I turned around to see a girl, with cherry, red hair, wearing a purple sweater, light blue jeans, and black, shiny knee boots, being pushed around by the school bully, Angel Cardona. "Please leave me alone!"

"I never seen you here before, chica!" sneered Angel. "You mess with me, you get hurt!"

"I didn't do anything to you!" said the redhead. "I'm new here, and I hardly know you!"

Angel shoved her into a wall. "Say one more word, and I will bite your fingers!"

I stormed towards Angel, and grabbed him by his arm. "Hey, why don't you back off?" I demanded. "She didn't do anything to you, and all of a sudden, you're treating her like a piece of meat!"

"You stay out of this, Matthew!" Angel warned.

"Alright, that's enough, Angel!" said Mrs. Rodgers, the school principal. He pulled on his ear.

"Ow, let go of my ear!" Angel commanded.

"Let's go to my office!" Mrs. Rodgers took Angel by his ear to her office, with everyone watching. I shifted my attention towards the redhead.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked."You're not hurt, are you?"

"I'm okay," the redhead replied. "He came out of nowhere, and started to attack me. Thank you for stepping in. I appreciate it."

"Pleasure was all mine," I said. "My name is...." I was interrupted by the bell, signaling it was now time for Homeroom. The redhead scurried away, and then it was at that moment I was starting to develop feelings for her. I went into my Homeroom.

If only I knew what her name was....

A/N Hey, guys! What did you think of this chapter? What did you think of Angel? What do you think of the redhead? What do you think would have happened if Matthew hadn't stepped in? Sorry it took me too long to update this story. I had severe writer's block. Anyway, don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story with others! Thanks guys! Love you all!! ❤✨❤✨❤✨❤