Chapter 72

It has been a few months since you departed the country.

You and Isabella settled in the summer house. Your friend promised to check in occasionally.

After putting in some effort and casting a few spells, the place looked just as you remembered it. The pictures had remained untouched, and everything was as your family had left it on their last visit. 

You couldn't help but chuckle as you picked up a photo of you and Remus taken during a summer trip after school. Your parents had captured the moment perfectly.

The photograph is of you and Remus. It is a seemingly innocent picture that exudes warmth and affection. However, upon closer inspection, it becomes apparent that Remus is grabbing your arse.

Despite clearly indicating Remus' behaviour, your parents remained oblivious to it. They have framed the photograph, admiring your innocent expression as you gaze at him.

You can even see James and Sirius laughing in the background as they notice precisely what Remus is doing.

You gaze fondly at Isabella, who bounces up and down on the floor, her tiny hands clutching her teething toy as she babbles incoherently.

 The picture in your hands catches her attention, and she grabs it, her eyes twinkling with curiosity. 

"You miss Daddy, don't you? Me too, sweetie," you whisper as you lift her and hold her close. 

She responds with a happy gurgle, and you can't help but smile as you tenderly kiss her soft forehead. 

"I know; I miss him too," you say, gently rubbing her back as you feel the longing and sadness in your heart. 

Your sadness is crushing; an unyielding pain grips your heart every moment. Your mind is consumed with thoughts of the one person who truly understood you, who brought light into your life. Remus. Every fibre of your being longs for his return, for him to be by your side again, to fill the emptiness he left behind. But he left everything behind for revenge, leaving you with a void nobody else can ever hope to fulfill.

Why would he ever leave you and Isabella? You don't care if you had to live here for the rest of your life with Remus and Isabella; you just wanted him by your side. It's all that mattered to you.

You scoop up Isabella and notice the sun shining and the birds chirping. 

"Isabella, would you like to go for a walk?" You ask as she continues to babble incoherently. You take it as a yes. 

You carefully put on her tiny shoes and jacket, making sure she is warm and comfortable. As you both head outside, the cool breeze brushes against your cheeks and you feel grateful for this moment of peace and tranquility with your child.

The familiar surroundings evoke a flurry of memories, flooding your mind with images of when you were brimming with happiness. But now, a sense of emptiness pervades your being, weighing you down. You stand at the ocean's edge, gazing at the vast expanse of blue as the waves rhythmically roll in and out. You inhale deeply, taking in the salty air and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore, hoping to find solace in the beauty of the natural world.

'I just want Remus back already. Who knows if he'll survive his fight with Greyback? He could already be dead.'