𝟬𝟬𝟭

- CHAPTER 𝟏
❝ I GUESS THIS IS GOODBYE ❞

- ⋆ 𝗞𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 ⋆ -

TODAY IS THE day I've been dreading the most. Jude is moving to Madrid.

Don't get me wrong; I'm immensely proud of him for following his dreams and being acquired by one of the best teams in the world. I'm just sad because he's moving away.

I've already pushed a limit convincing my parents to go to Germany for him, and now they won't let me go to Madrid because, in their words, I need to be 'less dependent' on Jude.

I understand where they're coming from, but Jude has been there for me all my life. It's not easy for me to just let him go like that.

It's like separating a married couple from each other. I know there is now technology and all that for us to keep in contact, but I'm afraid that now he's well-known he won't have time to talk to me anymore.

The last thing I would ever want is for us to stop talking to each other.

Anyway, here I am, in my car driving to the airport to say one last goodbye to my best friends. I know I'm making it all dramatic, it's not like I'm never going to see him again, but the longest I've been away from him was barely a day.

I can hear my phone buzzing, but I'm too focused on watching the small droplets of water rolling down my window. The weather is clearly in the same mood that I am.

The sky is a rare shade of light grey, the rain showering calmly over the outskirts of Dortmund.

Since Jude is also leaving, it makes no sense for us to stay in Dortmund. I can't lie; the city is amazing, but it's really difficult to adapt.

In my whole two years of living here, the only words I know how to use are hallo and scheisse.

I've already started packing. I would say I'm pretty much done; I just need to pack my hand luggage.

We will be travelling back on Friday morning and will arrive around an hour later. It is better for us because I am absolutely terrified of airplanes.

Of course, the only one who knows this is Jude. I just find it embarrassing to tell others, even though it's a pretty common phobia... right?

My thoughts are interrupted by the feeling of my door opening. "We're here, darling," my mum says as she opens the door wider for me to get out, noticing I had snapped out of my trance.

I mutter a quick thank you to her and walk out of the door with my hoodie up and my hands in my pockets.

I promised Jude I wouldn't cry. I pinky promised him even.

I'm not one to break my promises, so I wipe all the tears that have formed throughout the journey, and then put on my happy face as best as I can.

I need to show Jude I'm happy for him because I know he's probably over the moon, and I wouldn't want to ruin his mood.

We walk over to Jude's terminal and look around a bit to see if we can spot the Bellingham family, but nothing. Maybe they are just running a bit late.

"Mark just texted me; they are on their way now. They just went to grab some food," my dad says while squinting at his phone.

I just nod at him, then just as I'm about to pull out my phone, I feel someone lift me up. I'm about to flip out when I recognize Jude's scent.

"Guess whooo?" he drags out, spinning me around. "Hmm? Donald Trump?" I guess sarcastically. "What the heck," Jude chuckles as he puts me down.