𝟬𝟮𝟰

CHAPTER 24
❝HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE IN LOVE?❞

— ⋆ 𝗞𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 ⋆ —

LOOK AT YOU, you're freezing"  jobe pulls me into his embrace as soon as he opens the front door. i'm too excited and run over to his house in my pajamas which only consist of short silk pajamas.

since it's winter my choice of clothing immediately feels like i'm wearing nothing, my skin all covered in goosebumps, my teeth chattering against each other, and my cold arms hugging my figure for some warmth.

"no, i'm not," i shiver, walking into his house. "that's the worst lie anyone has ever told me." he wraps a blanket around me then sits me down on one of the stools in the kitchen.

"jobe, let's go ice skating," i tell him as he navigates through the kitchen, grabbing things from the cupboard. "you came all the way just to ask me that?" he turns to face me with a raised eyebrow.

"yeah," i shrug, trying to see what he's making. "so what do you think?" i wiggle my eyebrows up and down. "you're so annoying, but i can't stay mad at you," he chuckles, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"oh my god, it's the married couple," jude trudges in the room with a bunch of christmas foods and snacks which i assume denise made him go buy.

we were obviously having christmas together but in the bellinghams' house this year. "bro, what're you making?" jude peeks over his younger brother's shoulder then hums in amusement.

"make one for me," he pats jobe then comes to sit next to me. he raises an eyebrow at me, nonverbally asking why i'm freezing and have a huge blanket around me.

"i want to go ice skating," i frown at jobe who just rolls his eyes. "i would offer to take you, but i have a date today," jude replies proudly trying to play it off as nonchalance, but i could see right through him.

"ooo, good luck," i poke him playfully. "kiana, marshmallows and whipped cream?" jobe asks, holding both for me to choose. "only whipped cream, i hate marshmallows," i smile at him.

"hey, are you not going to ask me?" jude frowns as jobe hands us our drinks and sits down with his own. "you can't have any either way," he shrugs turning to face me.

"is the offer still standing?" he takes a sip out of his hot chocolate. "hmm... nah, i'll just go with my mum," i think it through since i'm pretty sure jobe hates anything to do with falling unless it's skiing which we do every march.

"where are we going?" speak of the devil and he will appear. "i wanna go ice skating," i tell her while she takes a sip out of my drink. "ooo, count us in," denise walks in with dad and mark who were probably chatting about football.

"i'll book it for 7 pm, it always feels better at night," mum says before walking off to the kitchen. i finish up my hot chocolate then thank jobe who just chuckles at me.

"you've got a little..." he manages to say between laughs, pointing at my face. i try so hard to lick it off, but i'm pretty sure i was unsuccessful because he only starts laughing harder even jude, who was glued to his phone the whole time, starts laughing.

"let me help," he leans forward, his gaze stuck on my lips as i feel my breath hitch. before his finger connects to my skin, he looks up into my eyes for consent. i nod slowly, trying not to get lost in his deep brown eyes.