Part - XXXI

12th Nov, 2023
17:52

Woohhhh!!! 1k in just 10 days. You guys are amazing. Love you all ☺️❤️ please make sure to vote and comment..

______♡♡♡______

"We own a chain of grocery stores? What the fuck, Sasuke."

They were sitting in the board room, seated around a long table with the ten most senior people in the company. They had been giving Naruto an overview of the current portfolio of businesses that they now owned, and the performance of each.

Sasuke rolled his eyes at the blond's comment. "Look, we needed to balance out our portfolio. The grocery stores provide a more steady cash flow and balance our risk across sectors that we were over-exposed on-"

"Yeah, yeah. Financial business jargon blah-blah-blah. So why is it underperforming and what the hell is the marketing strategy. This is a consumer business, so what are we doing to drive foot traffic repeat business?"

Suigetsu handed Naruto an overview of their commercial strategy, including photos of the stores, TV advertising stills, and print ads.

"Um... so the name of your group is supposed to be 'creative marketing', right? So, literally, that means you are supposed to be creative in designing the look and feel of the advertising campaigns. I see these and all I get from this is you are advertising to humans who eat food. That can't be the value proposition. What kind of store is this? High end? Gourmet? Convenience? Cheap? What kind of shoppers? Retirees or hipsters? What are we working with here? I need to know if we should be stocking prune juice and Depends pads, or margarita mix and Trojan ultrathins."

Sasuke leaned back in his chair, just letting the conversation roll over him. God he had missed this. He just watched his business partner in action, completely unaware of the soft, indulgent look on his own face. It didn't go unnoticed by several others in the room, though. Karin had to bite her cheek from laughing outright. She had never even imagined that their stoic, acidic CEO could create such an expression. She sighed a little to herself. Why were the hot ones always gay?

Reluctantly, Sasuke went back to his own office, leaving Naruto to work with the marketing team. He looked at the clock. Only two hours to lunch. He'd be able to talk to Naruto then, and have at least a little bit of privacy.

.
.
.

A tap on his door brought Sasuke out of the financial spreadsheet he had been going through. He looked up as Naruto poked his head in.

"Hey."

"Hey," Sasuke replied. "Lunch time?"

"Yeah. Do you want to go to the café around the corner, or have you found a better place?"

"That café closed a year ago. But there's a new place one block over that is good."

Naruto sighed at the small reminder of how much time had passed. He nodded as Sasuke grabbed his phone and they headed out, both feeling the curious glances that were shot their way by their employees. As the entered the elevator, they could hear the buzzing of speculations pick up. In other circumstances, the pair might have been amused (or in Sasuke's case, annoyed), but there was so much uncertainty between the two of them right now that they simply chose to ignore outside speculation for the moment. They had internal speculation of their own to figure out.