01: 시작.

"You are my church, you are my place of worship

"You are my church, you are my place of worship."
———————

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎— MIN ISEUL

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎IF YOU SIT AT A TABLE, next to a stranger, what are you supposed to do? Are you supposed to talk? Are you supposed to stay silent? Is there a rulebook for it? Nobody tells you what to do when you're sitting next to a stranger at an expensive restaurant your parents forced you to go to.

Iseul definitely didn't know what to do. She felt so awkward and uncomfortable at that table. The silence was deafening, and her anxiety was pushing her nails into her skin. She felt like her lungs were giving up on her, and her mind just kept telling her to run.

‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎— JAKE SIM

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎HE DESPISED EVERY SECOND OF IT, every single second. He didn't have the patience to be there next to her. He watched as her father walked in, his own father following after, seconds later. He watched them with narrow eyes and a clenched jaw.

Iseul's father spoke, "We brought the two of you together for a reason," He said, taking a sip of the glass of water in front of him. Mr.Sim leaned back into his seat, "You're getting married, I'm sure you've heard," He stared at the both of them coldly, not even caring how Jake's jaw clenched even more, and how the colour drained from her face.

"Why do I have to marry that worthless bitch?" Jake glared at the two of them, clearly disgusted by the idea. "Be respectful, Jaeyun," His father used his Korean name, an even bigger trigger for his anger. Mr.Min didn't even bat an eye to his words, seeming to be unbothered by the insult that was thrown at his daughter.

"She is worthless most of the time, except for now," He exhaled, standing up from his seat. "I don't expect any complaints. You're doing this for the company," He said, an emotionless look on his face. His daughter swallowed the lump in her throat, her breathing heavy as she couldn't help but take her father's comment to heart.

"Mr.Min is right," Mr.Sim backed up his statement, ignoring the burning gaze from his son. "We will meet again to discuss the details. Next week, the two of you will attend our event, where your engagement will be revealed. Don't cause us any trouble."

Iseul was frustrated with the situation. Yes, Jake was attractive and rich, but his personality was an absolute shit-fest. He was the most arrogant, narcissistic, son of a bitch she had ever met. What made is worse is that instead of just seeing him once or twice a year, now, she would have to stare at him till the day she died. It was going to be pure misery.

Jake watched as their fathers left, standing up from his seat. He turned to her, a look of hatred displayed on his face. "Why couldn't you just have died when you got into that accident?" He asked, speaking through his gritted teeth. She looked up at him, standing up, herself, before speaking.

"It would've been better to die when I was born so I'd never have to meet your self-absorbed, daddy issues, pathetic ass," She retorted. He clenched his fists, "Of course the ugly bitch is saying that. Didn't your father just call you worthless?" He almost laughed, a cruel action of his.

She was left speechless. She sat back down into her chair and stared at the plate in front of her. "That's right, stay silent," He smirked with detest. He pushed her head with his finger, "All because of you, I have to give up my freedom in life," He leaned forward and mumbled into her ear. "You and your pathetic father and mother, who would not be surviving if it wasn't for my family," He mocked.

"A family? Is that what you think you have?" She asked, scoffing as she turned to look at him. "Your parents don't love you, Jake. They're just as egotistical and narcissistic as you are. Can you really call them your family if they won't even bat a single eyelash if you were dying?" He clearly despised her and her words.

She was right, though. Because no matter how much both their fathers hated them, she had a mother who loved her. He didn't. "Kill yourself, Min Iseul. The world would be better without you," He said, leaving the room. He slammed the door shut, almost breaking it. She didn't even flinch.

She sat there in the room, swimming in her own thoughts as time passed. Maybe he was right, maybe she should just go. She hated herself for even considering that, but how could she not when her own mind pushes her to do so. She was so tired of it all.

———————
"I heard you're the plug, can I be the circuit?"

———————"I heard you're the plug, can I be the circuit?"