CHAPTER 3: TRIP TO LONDON

Two weeks have passed. 

You have been teaching Lorian about the world, you have been taking him on shopping trips and you have been taking him on walks through the neighborhood.

He is getting used. To the local area at least.

You have even taken him to a sports archery range so he can keep his skills sharp.

But there is still no sign of his teachers.

So you decide: Its time to do that trip you where planning, and now Lorian can come along!

He is currently watching TV on the couch. You go to him and sit down next to him.

"Hey Lorian, I've been thinking, why don't we go and explore the world out there for real? I can book us some tickets to London if you like."

"Oh, is that the city with the "Big Ben" structure on your fridge?"

"Yes it is."

"Well then of course! Lets go to London! When do we go?"

"I'm going to book our tickets now, Lorian, we are going there by airplane."

 (Hey, narrator again here, just for orientation: You live in California)

"Is that a public transport like you told me? Like a bus or a train?"

"Yes, but this one is for very long distances."

"I can't wait!"

You leave Lorian to watch TV and go to your computer to book your tickets.

"Alright Lorian, tickets are booked, we are going tomorrow."

"Good, i'll start packing my stuff!"

He goes to the closet and grabs a travel backpack you left for him there.

Using your contacts, you have ensured an identity card and a passport for him.

"Hey Lorian, don't forget these! Its an identity card an a passport, you will need this if we are traveling to London."

"Hm? You already told me you keep your identity on a plastic card like that other card you use to pay, but why do I need one? And what is a passport, and why do I need one?"

"In this world you can only travel if your identity is secured, Lorian, that's why you need an identity card. Oh, and because we are border crossing, you need a passport too."

He grabs the card and the passport from you.

"I think I get it now. In Galcadia, there is no such divide like those "Countries" and "States" you told me about. So this little blue book is my "Passport". It has an eagle on it, that's nice. Looks powerful. And, "United States of America?" I that one of your "Countries"?"

"yes it is, Lorian. The country where London is located is called the United Kingdom. It has a different government, laws and culture, we basicly will be in another part of the world. It will be an adventure for sure!"

You finish packing and the rest of the day goes by with no problems.

The next day, you and Lorian are in the car headed for the airport.

"I will set your GPS to the nearest "Airport"! Its in a city called... L.A? A city with two letter in the name? Strange."

He sets the destination.

"L.A is just short for Los Angeles, its the actual name of the city."

He nods. You continue the drive, after a few hours you are at the airport.